As the Native App Lead at Synchrony, you will lead, manage, and inspire a growing team of native app designers in partnering with multi-disciplinary teams to conceptualize and design top-in-class native apps. The candidate will use their leadership skills and deep knowledge of native apps to define and continuously improve Synchronys native app strategies, processes, and design teams. Additionally, the candidate will be partially hands-on by providing design thinking and production-ready designs for native apps through collaboration with product owners, business owners, designers, programmers, and subject matter experts.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. Were proud to offer you choice and flexibility.
- Define and continuously improve Synchronys UX strategy for native apps
- Define and continuously improve approaches to manage native app design quality
- Work closely with Digital Agile product leaders and product owners on defining, refining, and focusing Digital product strategies
- Define and continuously improve the workflow process for delivering production-ready designs assets
- Build strong working relationships with product leaders, business stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- Recommend and organize research and testing of concepts and designs of native apps
- Manage team allocation to native apps, recommending staff adjustments as warranted by the needs of the project teams and business
- Manage the recruitment of new talent and retention of existing talent
- Manage the onboarding and workload of native app design contractors
- Manage the mentoring and training of native app designers
- Manage and drive the continuous improvement of the Synchronys native app design system
- Work closely with the UX leaders to continuously improve the UX department
- Conduct performance appraisals, provide feedback, and resolve disputes pertaining to native app designers and stakeholders
- Develop user flows, scenarios, wireframes, comps, and prototypes of native apps as needed by teams
- Drive the design review cycle, synthesize feedback, and close on design requirements independently
- Engage with business and IT owners in agile and waterfall processes
- Act as an advocate for the end users experience
- Collaborate effectively with remote team members and managers
- Be a part of daily/weekly standups and present work to peers
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or certification in UX, HCI, graphic design, psychology, marketing or information technology or similar area, or minimum of 10 years UX experience.
- 8+ years user experience, visual design, product design, or interaction design experience
- 2+ years leading design teams
- 2+ years designing native apps
- Willingness to travel as needed, up to 25%
- Bachelors Degree or certification in UX, HCI, graphic design, psychology, marketing or information technology or similar area
- Ability to present work to team members as well as executive leadership
- Ability to work with remote team members
- Ability to ensure designs are ADA Compliant
- Ability to mentor junior teammates
- Strong understanding of user centered design and design thinking
- Strong understanding of iOS and Android UI guidelines
- Experience working on agile teams
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a consistently meets expectations performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you dont meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
- The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 170,000.00 USD Annual
- Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
- Grade/Level: 12
- Job Family Group: Information Technology