Vice President, Professional Learning (REMOTE)
- Multiple states
- Full Time
IM seeks to ensure that students, particularly historically underserved students, and their teachers have access to aligned, grade-level, mathematics curriculum resources, and that teachers experience professional learning that leads to enduring mathematical learning for their students. As a critical component of IM’s blueprint for achieving this strategic goal, the Vice-President for Professional Learning will oversee IM’s professional learning partnerships, product roadmap, professional learning design, professional learning production, and professional learning implementation.
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Location: Remote
- Oversee IM’s professional learning product roadmap, development, and implementation.
- Coordinate interactions with and oversee the team who provides support for IM curriculum distribution partners for sales, retention, and referral programs.
- Manage professional learning partnerships with external organizations.
- Work with other members of the Senior Leadership Team to build a short- and long-term revenue strategy that encompasses the partner sales, marketing, product and customer success teams.
- Be accountable for achieving annual professional learning revenue and cost of sales targets for professional learning.
- Work with IM curriculum distribution partners to track new and lost professional learning customers, trends of customers using specific professional learning products, and design and manage partner feedback loops to learn why customers leave and how IM can improve.
- Advocate for professional learning partners and customers in internal initiatives to improve IM operations and infrastructure.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to develop IM’s professional learning strategy, direct and support organizational equity efforts, ensuring our equity commitment is evident in our professional learning products.
- Define what is needed across existing IM teams to support this strategy, working closely with marketing, IT, and human resources; working directly with HR to assess each team’s readiness to support enterprise-level requirements and work with each team’s leader to enhance this.
Skills and Qualifications:
- An understanding of the needs of Title 1 educators, educators who serve students of color, and educators of color.
- Committed to, and demonstrated success in, centering racial equity and inclusion.
- Strong business management skills.
- The ability to build strong, productive, and collegial relationships with manager, peers, and direct reports.
- Strong prioritization and project leadership skills.
- Experience managing functions outside of their own expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to value unfamiliar kinds of work and an anti-silo mindset.
- Experience managing other people-leaders while modeling effective leadership behaviors with an enthusiasm for mentoring junior colleagues and team members.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to identify, document, and work in collaborative teams to solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Familiarity with social media, Google Apps, Zoom, and mobile devices required; experience using Salesforce and Wrike helpful.
Compensation & Benefits
In alignment with our commitment to equity in practice and policy, Illustrative Mathematics is committed to equity and transparency for our team and offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and education, as well as an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 4% of regular earnings, and a comprehensive group health benefits package, including medical, dental and vision. This position is exempt. The compensation range for this position is $150,000 – $165,000. To allow room for growth in compensation, the maximum initial salary placement is 80% of the range.