Ready is an on-demand mobile health service that delivers non-emergency care directly to patients where and when they need it. To accomplish this, Ready sends a trained health professional, which we call a “Responder,” to facilitate a telehealth visit between the patient and a licensed clinician.
With Ready, patients now have access to quality care in their homes, 16 hours a day, 365 days a year, and talented individuals are provided the opportunity to work with a rapidly growing, mission-driven company. We hope you will join us.
About The Role
Ready is a national healthcare company that combines the convenience of telehealth with the benefits of in-person care. Our model is innovative. We don’t fit neatly within the traditional healthcare framework. That means you’ll work on cutting-edge projects with the potential to transform healthcare as we know it.
Ready is currently looking for an in-house attorney to join its talented team of lawyers. This position will focus primarily on corporate law and contract negotiation/review. Our ideal candidate has a keen business instinct, the skill to find creative solutions to legal issues, and the ability to effectively balance legal risks against business interests. The position is entirely remote, so job duties can be performed anywhere in the contiguous United States.
What You’ll Do
- Be an expert – Advise the company on a wide range of corporate issues, including corporate governance, fundraising, and corporate formation
- Be diligent – Prepare, review, and negotiate company contracts, confidentiality agreements, and other legal documents
- Be proactive – Anticipate and address potential problems before they become actual problems
- Be a good teammate – Work effectively and cross-functionally with other business teams; assist senior Ready attorneys as needed
- Be a client while also serving your client – Work with outside counsel and oversee efficient use of budget allocation
- Be comfortable: – Work from home or wherever you want; and of course, no billable hours!
What You’ll Need
- A J.D. and strong academic credentials and/or judicial clerkship experience
- At least 3 years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house legal department, with corporate law as primary practice area
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the company
- Ability to identify and prioritize key deliverables with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and as a team leader
- Ability to work efficiently and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Healthcare experience is a plus