Spruce is looking for a UX Researcher to explore the needs of our products multiple user personas. Working within the Product Design Team, you will conduct primary research, exploring user behavior and motivation all while collaborating with Product Management, Data Science and Engineering departments to develop new product features.
You will play a role in inspiring change at all stages of the products development through the delivery of exciting written, oral, and visual presentations about your findings. In this role, you should be an analytical and creative thinker who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly, intuitive, fun, accessible, and quite possibly, magical.
What youll do
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around user needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with product designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to broader PDDE team
Who you are
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (e.g. UXPin, Balsamiq)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
We are proud of the team were building. Were committed to equal opportunity employment and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make Spruce better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.