UX at Elastic is seeking UX Researchers to help integrate emerging research techniques into our R&D. We will rely on you to listen to the human beings who use Elastic to enrich their organizations and help us better understand how to build what inspires them. If you are after an opportunity to grow as a researcher and team mate, embrace modern SaaS dynamics, and research the development of leading search, security and observability solutions, then we would love to speak with you.
What you will do:
- Join as a foundational member of an emerging, multi-cultural team of UX researchers.
- Help develop and grow modern UX research philosophies and practices across Elastic and measure their success.
- Work with a diverse blend of teams and leads to deeply connect with our community, understand and then amplify their needs to our development teams.
- Synthesize and present quantitative and qualitative research insights to inform product development.
What you bring along:
- Deep experience within UX research. You have a creative and well established history in applied UX research.
- Clear comfort working as part of a team. You know yourself and can navigate all types of processes, systems, environments, personalities and cultures.
- History researching SaaS platforms. You have the skills to direct time-proven, data-rich research practices into the Elastic interfaces of tomorrow.
- Comfort with group speaking and interviewing. You enjoy interfacing with passionate personalities, such as those of our key partners, community members, and internal teams.
- Comfort with the written word. You will scale yourself by writing to an engaged global audience.
- Time in a technical role: UX design, technical writing, quality assurance, data engineering or similar. You will be close to sophisticated data and telemetry pipelines.
- Experience with data visualization and measurement platforms such as Kibana, displaying and interpreting large datasets and distilling key insights for simple understanding. Youll have lots of data, and need to show it off.
- Familiarity with remote work and asynchronous team communication practices.
- Demonstrable participation in open source projects or communities.
Additional Information We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether youre looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesnt matter if youre just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave