Diversity and inclusion are at the core of who we are and what we create. At Apex Learning, our mission is to make a difference in education. We start by striving to foster, promote, and celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We are committed to creating a supportive and respectful environment that enables our organization to reach new heights. As a leader in digital education, our aim to improve the learning of every student and overcome obstacles in education is intrinsically linked to upholding these values.
The technical writer is responsible for creating, updating and maintaining client user documentation through our Help website.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Works as an integral part of several teams during the developmental and creation of instructional materials using a variety of formats
- Oversee other departments edits and website content production
- Perform Updates and rewrites of content in HTML and web-based editing software.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Investigative or curious nature to explore proposed solutions and ensure quality outcomes.
- Willingness to jump in and tackle complex issues in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-5 years of technical writing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to details.
- Teaching or marketing experience a plus.
- 100% employer-paid premiums for employee-only coverage for medical, dental and vision plans.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance for yourself.
- A 50% employer-paid 401(k) match on your first $5,000 contribution each year.
- A full week of paid-time off at the end of December + 8 paid holidays + PTO.
- Management with a vested interest in your career growth and development.
- Free Apex Learning courses.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.