As a Technical Support Engineer (known at Automattic as a Happiness Engineer), you love helping people.
Transforming publishing on the web is no small task. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust, resulting in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this by listening to our customers’ needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
Are you interested in learning more about how our team works? Check out what Happiness Engineers have to say about their work.
In general, a typical day involves:
- Being an active member of a global team that provides 24/7 support via live chat, tickets, one-on-one screen share sessions, and forums.
- Helping people use Automattic’s products, including WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, and more.
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports.
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and helping team members around the world.
Being a Happiness Engineer requires:
- Mid to high proficiency with WordPress, HTML, and CSS.
- Experience providing technical support to customers, particularly via live chat, tickets, telephone, or forums.
- Excellent written and communication skills, with a knack for taking technical language and making it understandable for the general public.
- A passion for solving challenging problems and proposing elegant solutions.
- Solid ability to identify and accurately document technical issues.
- An intense intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to share knowledge with others.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Happiness Engineers must be fluent and eloquent in written English. If you know additional languages, please be sure to tell us.
An ideal candidate:
- Has created three or more WordPress websites.
- Has experience installing and configuring WordPress plugins and themes.
- Is adept at troubleshooting technical issues.
- Has experience creating bug reports.
- Has experience providing technical support to customers via telephone, tickets, live chat, or forums.
Note: Applications that are not complete will not be considered.