Mundipharma is a global (ex-US) network of independent associated companies that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines and consumer healthcare products. We are an agile and fast-paced company seeking to increase access to health care through programmes and effective partnerships.
We make a difference to patient lives by delivering value to healthcare professionals in 120+ countries across Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Our guiding principles, centred around Integrity and Patient-Centricity, are at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our people to think differently and our inclusive culture of continuous learning and collaboration make Mundipharma a great place to work.
For more information visit www.mundipharma.com
To provide a wide range of administrative services and specialised project support for the Chief Compliance Officer and the Global Compliance Leadership Team (LT) who are located in Europe and Asia. Co-ordinate communications across the Compliance organisation.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the activities and objectives of the Global Compliance team, in order to provide flexible and proactive service and to help the CCO and LT effectively manage priorities and schedule.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order facilitate proactive resolution of queries and to identify individuals or networks who can assist the CCO and LT in fulfilling their objectives.
- Provide the support required to manage the CCO and LT’s time effectively, including:
- Proactively maintain the diary (diaries are very constrained and volatile), including calendaring to avoid conflicts in key meetings)
- Drafting, where requested, and proof-reading of documents for internal and external submission.
- Managing new vendor requests, purchase orders, invoices and payment requests for third parties providing services to the Global Compliance team or associated with Compliance activities.
- Travel organisation, incl. passports & visas, etc., in a manner that proactively identifies the most cost and time-effective options, and providing support during travel – which can be during weekend or out of normal working hours – in the event of travel issues such as cancellations, flight delays, change of schedules, etc.
- Support the CCO in coordinating the Global Compliance Leadership Team, including:
- Managing all key LT meetings and broader team meetings as required, including video conferences and in-person meetings; produce agenda & pre-reading packs, run the meeting to time, produce minutes and track actions.
- Managing all special Leadership meetings/off sites, including venue/general organization, agenda & reading pack, time keeping, minutes & actions. This will include non-UK meetings which involves liaising with local Mundipharma Administrators to ensure all areas are covered.
- Coordinating all people processes involving LT (e.g. performance reviews and 1:1 meetings, etc.) to make sure they are effective and meet the specified deadlines.
- Ensuring all travel and conference arrangements for the team are arranged within Company policy.
- Progress priority items on behalf of the CCO by liaising with appropriate individuals both internal and external to Mundipharma.
- Project coordination as required within the role’s areas of competency.
- Review and maintain administrative support systems (both electronic and paper) to ensure that information is readily available when required by CCO.
- Support Program communication activities, including communication events (e.g. team talks / town halls and lunch&learn sessions), the Compliance site on MundiConnect (our Company Intranet), and management of other relevant Sharepoint sites. Have a working knowledge of the communication and branding guidelines across Mundipharma in order to enable effective communications to be published across the organization.
- Support the LT to produce relevant internal team communication materials. This includes proof reading documents to ensure that the language and imagery used is accessible and engaging.
- Support the CCO in producing reports for the Board, ACC, and Executive Leadership, including gathering relevant data from the team or others, and preparing draft slides including charts and graphs to highlight key information in a visually engaging and clear manner.
- Support the Program Design team with maintaining the accuracy of the data in the Convercent system.
- Assist The Program Design Lead to ensure the design plan is updated regularly with the Project leads.
- Previous senior management / Executive level support, including preparing Board level presentations and documentation
- Relevant technology experience, including Sharepoint, conferencing technology and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience managing complex travel arrangements for Executives and for team meetings
- Accustomed to working across different time-zones, showing flexibility in their working time arrangement
Knowledge and skills
- Effectiveness and efficiency of the coordination of the LT
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Proactivity in initiating work and ability to work independently, including remote work
- Accuracy and timeliness of information
- Prioritising skills: understanding of and acting on the priorities
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English: able to draft communications on behalf of CCO and able to communicate and interact at all levels within the business; other languages a plus
- Effective organisational skills: both self and others
- Right to work in the UK
- Willingness to travel outside the UK as agreed with the CCO
- Current valid passport
- Responsible, reliable and discreet
- Able to operate in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Able to build strong relationships both within the BI team and with key personnel in other companies within our network