*We are seeking a Virtual Teacher certified to teach Music in Massachusetts, New Mexico, New York or Pennsylvania.*
The Virtual Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where learners have the opportunity to fulfill their potential and for organizing and implementing an instructional program that results in students achieving academic success in accordance with District and state policies and laws. The Virtual Teacher is a highly qualified instructional teacher responsible for the delivery of specified course content in an online, virtual environment. This is a part-time independent contract position.
Here is what youll do:
- Acquaint students to their coursework and communicating course and school requirements.
- Employ synchronous and asynchronous tools to supplement course content.
- Maintain regular office hours to be reachable by students and parents.
- Track student progress and help students stay on pace to complete class by class end date.
- Conference with parents of struggling students by phone or online
- Grade student work and enter grades into an online grade book in a timely manner.
- Contribute to and complete student report cards.
- Communicate with teachers, administrators, and parents as needed.
- Respond to student messages and discussions in a timely manner within school guidelines.
Here is what youll need:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required.
- Teaching certification for 9-12 or K-12 required.
- MA, NM, NY or PA State teaching certification in Music with experience teaching in that subject.
- Three years or more of classroom teaching experience with one year of online teaching experience.
- Meet highly qualified teacher requirements.
- Strong content and subject matter knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other online tools.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.