We are looking for a UX Writer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working in a fast paced and iterative environment. They also have:
- 4+ years experience in content strategy or UX writing for a software product
- A deep understanding of different research methods across qual and quant that will shape your work
- A strong design-thinking mindset and familiarity with the product development process, and an understanding of where and how to jump in when needed
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams through end-to-end content strategy and execution
- A portfolio that demonstrates insightful output and business impact
- Strong storytelling and influence skills as our first UX Writer, being able to do the job is only part of it. Being able to scale the job is the rest!
- A fierce focus on the customer: you are the subject matter expert when it comes to how customers speak and prefer to be spoken to. You hold them at the center of every decision made, and are a constant advocate for customer insights and customer empathy.
- A passion for systems thinking: you consider all parts of the greater whole when strategizing and executing in efforts to create a unified product experience.
- A collaborative spirit: You consistently seek to bring cross-functional partners into your process to leverage their expertise, create alignment, and influence product development.
- Hunger: Literally is great too, but figuratively, you crave impact, and take initiative to scope and create clarity by always proactively seeking opportunities to improve the product experience.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in B2B SaaS or with enterprise customers
- Experience writing for technical use cases
- A deep desire to be a pioneer for your role at a company, and to build a practice from the ground up!
As a Senior UX Writer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Create and iterate on foundational content guidelines that will bring cohesion to our entire product experience, including but not limited to Voice & Tone as well as nomenclature
- BE BOLD: Create and evangelize an operating model that allows you to scale your cross-functional collaboration workflows with product, design, and marketing partners
- BE INCLUSIVE: Partner with research to will inform our content strategy and socialize/document findings for others to leverage
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Coach and mentor teammates, and democratize your expertise into Segment culture
- DONT SETTLE: Create, maintain, and update UX copy guidelines and best practices for product-wide adoption
- BE AN OWNER: Drive the in-app content strategy across all Segment product areas and platforms to ensure a cohesive narrative and consistent nomenclature
As our first ever UX Writer, youre a key part of helping us design towards this reality. With a product as complex as ours, youre instrumental in helping align our product and design teams towards shared language, nomenclature, tone of voice, and writing guidelines. In this role, youll be in charge of creating these foundational content guidelines, drive research that will inform future iterations, and evangelize the voice of our customer in all things product. Youll also mentor and guide our product and design teams to be better advocates for clear, concise, and intuitive product writing.
This position is open for remote locations anywhere in the USA . Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Rest of Colorado:
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan.
An overview of Twilios benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. Its likely that you dont think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of lifes moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks