Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! Our mission is to ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life. An app of this size and complexity needs constant testing. That’s where you come in!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Spend the bulk of your time in Rec Room, using a variety of traditional screen-based devices and VR headsets. You will become a deep expert on all things Rec Room!
- Ensure that bug database is always up-to-date with high-quality bug reports and test passes
- Work closely with the entire Rec Room team to understand and reproduce bugs during the development of new features
- Work closely with the entire Rec Room team to develop test plans
- As needed work on special events (i.e., trailer shoots, community town halls, etc.)
- You will be a bug hunter, puzzling out why a particular issue is happening and spending time in multiplayer sessions with Rec Room Community members.
- Work directly with the Rec Room community forums to ingest, filter and consolidate community reported issues
- To apply please submit cover letter with the statement "I understand that this is a full-time testing role, and not an immediate stepping stone to a design/art/engineering job" with your application
- 6+ years of professional game testing experience, having shipped at least one AAA game
- Ability to write and execute test plans
- Ability to write high-quality repro steps
- A methodical and detail-oriented work style
- Excellent ability to solve problems, critically think, and apply logic in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to onboard and work remotely that aligns with a West Coast workday
- Submit cover letter with your full name and the statement "I understand that this is a full-time testing role, and not an immediate stepping stone to a design/art/engineering job" with your application
- Experience testing multiplayer video games
- Experience testing cross-platform games
- Experience with Azure DevOps [Boards] or similar bug tracking tool
- Familiar with online communities in the games space (i.e. Steam, Reddit, Discord, Twitter, specific game forums, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unity/Unreal game engine (even as a hobbyist, just know your way around the UI)
- Experience with VR devices generally
- Experience with user generated content (UGC) games
- Experience or interest in game development
- Experience with Rec Room specifically
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.