Summary: The Senior QA Engineer creates test processes and procedures used to ensure that M7 software operates within defined requirements. Through hands-on testing and methodical problem solving, ensure high-quality software for our customer via test plans, procedures, and documentation. Collaborate with QA team as well as Engineers and Product team members.
- Create and implement comprehensive and well-structured test plans, automation, and validation strategies.
- Rewrite outdated tests and determinate what coverage needs augmenting.
- Perform Parallel testing, regression testing and bug testing with adherence to our QMS standards.
- Identify and investigate issues found during testing, and update test cases based on discovered defects.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product to understand the overall technical architecture and resolve issues.
- Mentor other QA Engineers.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Review product functional requirements and design documents; drive requirements when needed.
- Be able to clearly articulate defects with a useful description and reproduction steps.
- Report defects, performance metrics, install and upgrade issues with an eye for detail on the front end, back end, log files and database.
- Report test results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the process.
- Maintain test environments and test data.
- BS/BA/MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related industry experience required.
- 8+ years of experience writing highly architected, easily repeatable manual tests.
- Background in Medical Imaging: PACS Systems, Rad & QC Worklists, EMRs, DICOM and HL7.
- Ability to read and write SQL scripts and joins.
- Be able to run and make minor edits to shell scripts.
- Be able to highly architect test plans, test cases and test data per requirements.
- Familiarity with any of the following are nice to have – VMWare, IIS, SQL Server, Powershell, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and Test Manager.
- Exceptional communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Optimistic, positive, can-do attitude and high energy approach.