Senior QA Engineer Full-time Job3 weeks ago Quality Assurance Worldwide 43 views
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
What is VEED.IO?
VEED.IO is an online video editing platform that makes creative videos easy and accessible to all. Our platform is used by millions of creators around the world who use our products to tell stories, create content, grow audiences and more (hey, you might even know some of them!).
Since we started VEED in 2018, we have grown much faster than we could have ever imagined. We are now one of the most popular video editing applications in the world. As our user base grows so does our talented team and we would love you to be part of that journey.
How do we build the product?
We love talking to our users and think it is the best way to get to know them. This is important because after all, they enjoy using our product and many also pay for it!
And we enjoy helping them too. About 19 months ago our engineering team was at about 2-3 people and today there are 20 of us. We are still quite small but that doesn't make us any less capable or ambitious. We are hard at work and are constantly trying to push the boundaries of what is possible on the web.
We love our customers, but we do love our code too. Within the past 18 months we have gone from a rudimentary MVP with no tests to a pretty sophisticated video editing system (...with tests 😇). We take pride in our work and are always on the lookout for more ideas on how to improve it or speed it up and of course keep our users happy. Maybe you have some that we haven't thought of yet, who knows ;)
As the number of our users grows, we need to make sure that our tech stack stays sharp and improves over time, that we keep coming up with more awesome ideas that keep our customers happy and that our systems can weather any storm.
We love what we do and we know there are more people out there who can help us and would love it too. And this is exactly why we are always on the lookout for the most talented, creative and exciting teammates to join us!
What will you be doing?
Building a video editor that our users love, of course!
We know that not everyone fits into boxes and we are all always learning. However, here are a few things that we are looking for:
- Possess an excellent end-to-end understanding of QA processes, organisation, and techniques to drive quality into the product.
- Strong End-to-end testing experience with tools such as Cypress, Puppeteer, or Playwright.
- IaC skills (Terraform / Pulumi / etc.) is not required but is a huge bonus!
- Don't worry if you don't have a shiny university degree or diploma, most of us don't. But, ideally, we would like to see you have a good bit of theoretical knowledge in QA (TDD, BDD, etc), as well as an understanding of common best practices and recent trends.
- Ability to design technical architectures from scratch.
- We care about how we write our code. So we are looking for someone who is comfortable going through code reviews.
- Have a startup-mentality. Be a problem solver.
- Have good communication skills and are a team player who is happy to lend a hand if someone gets stuck as well as can evangelise the importance of QA across our engineering team.
- Someone who can roll up their sleeves and jump on different things. Building a simple online video editor isn’t always so simple (testing especially), so we want someone who is not scared of a challenge.
- Have completed a game of Factorio at least once on hardest difficulty (joking of course, but it's a great game, you should check it out 🙂 )
We are looking for an engineer with strong testing and infrastructure building skills. Someone who loves automation and for whom seeing '404 - Oops, Something went wrong!' or getting angry customer emails are their worst nightmare. We are looking for someone who helps us all get better and be more productive through the use of metrics, someone who keeps our systems healthy and fast. Most importantly we are looking for someone who could help us create a strong culture of quality assurance within VEED.
Our biggest goal right now is to create a solid product that can move at speed and withstand the pressures of scaling so fast. In order to do that we need to make sure that with every iteration we make, we remain stable and performant. We don't think it's possible to accomplish this with just a group of manual testers or with just automated tests. Ultimately, we want get to a mindset where developers do most of the QA work and most testing is automated, so we need someone that can make developers aware of how they can improve the quality of what they ship by things like writing integrated tests, thinking about edge cases before they start and more. We love candidates with creative ideas! If you have some, please tell us!
We really believe that best candidates typically don’t think of themselves as just engineers, but rather view themselves as makers. This means not being afraid of working on something you have never done before, have a broad set of skills you are always looking to expand and most importantly you thrive in an environment where there is lots of freedom and original thoughts are welcome and rewarded.
Our entire team is remote (and always has been). We are happy as long as you’re happy. You will have the freedom and autonomy you need to make decisions and do your best work. Our team is smart, energetic, extremely talented and driven. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we all love what we do.
Work from home with your dog?
Work in a cafe?
Need a few days off?
Swap a weekday for a weekend?
Working a half-day?
All of the above is 100% good for us!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.