Senior QA Automation Engineer Full-time Job3 weeks ago Quality Assurance Worldwide 35 views
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Latin America Only
Note: If you're not located in the region mentioned in the post's title, do not continue. Your application won't be reviewed.
About This Role
Very is a remote-first company, meaning we don’t have a physical office, and you can work from anywhere in Latin America. Your home, a co-working space, on the road, you name it. If you feel like moving, you don’t have to change jobs.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be working across multiple technologies. This requires proficiency in technical automation and end-to-end testing program experiences and everything in between...
Engineers who apply for this job should be excellent practitioners of the Agile methodology and they should understand the importance of consistent and transparent communication with the team and the clients.
- Active and engaged participation in planning meetings, test planning meetings, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives as well as any other ad hoc meetings.
- Analysis of requirements: asking questions, seeking clarification, and planning testing. Speaking out when the requirements aren't clear or don't make sense;
- Writing and executing test cases to detect functionality, usability, and/or performance issues;
-Asking the right questions to find the issues before they even happen
- Conducting exploratory testing to validate edge cases;
verification of multi-device and cross-platform consistency (software works on different devices and browsers);
- Creating detailed reports and listing improvements;
What You’ll Be Working On
Very is a fully distributed specialized consulting firm, partnering with our clients to build systems for smart manufacturing, smart energy & utilities, consumer electronics, and connected wellness. Learn more at verypossible.com.
Currently, we have clients with needs matching this specific job description, and you will be hired to work with one of these clients. You’ll spend the majority of your time working on your client project, and the remainder of your time can be spent improving Very. These internal contributions often include working on internal projects, improving your craft, educating others, and more.
Upon completion of your first project, you will move on to other client projects for Very.
At Very, there is a never-ending supply of variety to the types of projects we work on. In the last year, we’ve built solutions that touch e-commerce, trust management (finance), beer distribution, point of sale systems, ICO’s, identifying fake news, and much more.
1. At least 4 years of experience in automation and end-to-end testing programs
2. At least 3 years of experience in client services. Applicants should feel comfortable interacting with English-speaking clients daily.
3. At least an intermediate level in English. A B1 or better in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Note: Don't get discouraged if you don't have this level officially. What we really care about is that you feel comfortable communicating complex ideas and building rapport with English-speaking clients.
- Ability to complete the responsibilities outlined in the Responsibilities section.
- Knowledge and understanding of the development process and software life cycle.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Proficiency in manual web/mobile/API/requirements testing.
- Familiarity with writing test documentation, requirements review, creating bug reports.
- Understanding certain marking/scripting/programming languages, required for the project (e.g. JSON, HTML/CSS).
- Ability to describe bugs clearly and accurately.
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula for Latin America-based employees.
Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect to make somewhere between $3,200 and $4,500 USD per month upon joining the company.
There are higher salaries and growth opportunities for proven leaders.
- Annual Bonus: up to 7% in first year (increases with tenure)
- 14 days of paid time off your first year (increases with tenure)
- You get a MacBook Pro & $1,000 to build out your home office. (1,000 annually thereafter)
- Udemy license for continuing education
- Education Reimbursement
- $1,000 annual stipend towards Health insurance (paid as $83.3 monthly on top of your salary)
- 4-day paid trip to the US for the annual global company retreat.
- 3-day paid trip to somewhere in Latam every year for the Latam company retreat.
- 1:1 ESL coaching every week and access to an AI-powered adaptive platform to take your English to the next level
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Latin America Only.