Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
About the Brand Design Team
The Brand Design team is responsible for creating brand extensions for the Vox Media and New York Magazine editorial properties and corporate lines of business across a wide range of immersive projects. Were looking for a Senior Motion Graphics Designer who is curious, thoughtful, and has a passion and understanding for branding and storytelling. The ideal candidate must have a unique blend of skills in both graphic design and animation, coupled with conceptual thinking and a meticulous eye for detail.
This role will provide an opportunity to work independently, as well as closely with the Brand Design team and a wide range of partners. As a member of the Brand Design team, you will be an integral part of every stage in the creative process With a collaborative and versatile approach to the design process from storyboards to final edit.
What Youll Do
- Understand how to communicate and tell impactful stories through visual design and motion
- Work with a variety of brands and range of styles
- Develop concepts, visual, and motion design that levels up our work across multiple brands and a variety of spaces, including live events and social
- Sketch, storyboard, and create styles frames to communicate proof of concept with internal partners and external clients
- Work closely with Senior Design Directors, Marketing, Copywriters, and Designers to guide engaging solutions for our brands or tell stories through motion
- Design high-quality motion graphics for a wide range of video content This includes native content, sizzle reels, events, recap videos, presentations, and social
- Work to bring motion graphics packages to life with music and sound
- Exercise, a strong knowledge of current design trends and a curiosity for new techniques and fresh approaches
- Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders and partners, and inspire teams around a creative vision
- Enforce and model the expected behaviors listed in our Code of Conduct and our Design Principles
What Youll Bring
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience. TV Network, agency or other media experience is required.
- A degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- A reel/portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, visual expression, motion design, and storytelling
- A strong typographic sensibility and understanding of layout, hierarchy, motion, and interaction design. Ability to create original graphic solutions as well as adapt those of others into motion.
- Ability to define and solve problems, work independently while taking feedback from stakeholders
- Ability to independently manage many different types of projects on different timelines
- Stamina for meticulous attention to detail and extensive iteration resulting in error proof files at the completion of a project
- Advanced proficiency in After Effects and a fluency in the rest of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Familiarity with 3D applications (Cinema 4D or equivalent software) a plus
- Experience with delivery to streaming and OTT platforms a plus
- Background in illustration a plus
- An awareness of current industry trends and a curiosity for new techniques and fresh approaches
- Ability to thrive in an environment of rapid growth within a matrixed organization and a willingness to participate in the Design Organization at large
- Excitement for media and journalism, and how it translates to society through design
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits includingflexible hoursand generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. Youll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work thats challenging and fun and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.