Senior Director, Education Full-time Job1 month ago Other Worldwide 41 views
Senior Director, Education
Reports to: Vice President, Chief Education & Training Officer
Direct Reports: Publication & Education Coordinator
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: New York Office / Miami Office / Remote
The Parkinson’s Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
The Senior Director of Education is responsible for the development, implementation, and strategic growth of the Parkinson’s Foundation Educational resources and programming, working in the Department of Education, but across all relevant departments to ensure the educational material output is accurate, unbiased, and regularly being updated and assessed for relevancy. The primary responsibility of this position is the leadership, development, and implementation of education resources and materials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Lead the Education Department strategic planning, budgeting, project management and workflow, and reporting of key performance milestones to the Vice President, Chief Education and Training Officer.
- Collaborate with the Community Engagement team on the development of optimal learning opportunities, online and in-person for people with Parkinson’s and their families.
- Cultivate relationships with subject matter experts and vendors as contributors to planning and executing targeted materials, resources, programs, and courses.
- As requested by development team, communicate with key stakeholders and donors to increase support for educational materials and programming.
- Oversee health literacy work to ensure all publications meet the needs of our Parkinson’s community and are culturally appropriate.
- Evaluate materials and programs to sustain, expand and/or pivot programs as needed.
- Pursue opportunities to submit poster abstracts, blogs, articles to partner organizations that relate and are relevant to the community of people living with Parkinson’s.
- Collaborate with Communications department to maximize promotional and media opportunities around the educational output.
- Oversee the work of the annual publications audit.
- Research and write, or identify an author, to prepare assets for website, books, Fact Sheets, blogs, and other resources for people with Parkinson’s and care partners to expand the Foundation’s impact in the community.
- Ensure all educational materials are aligned and managed uniformity across all platforms and publications when updates are made or requested. (Updates to website, must be mirrored in books, fact sheets, podcasts, webinars etc.)
- Work directly with instructional designer on the creation of online educational programs for people with Parkinson’s.
- Oversee the writing, editing, design, and distribution of the above resources.
- Oversee staff production of Kindle books on Amazon and Audio books to be produced.
- Maintain collaboration with foundation departments to achieve implementation of organizational and team goals. Actively participate in foundation committees, provide feedback and input to strategic initiatives, and elevate the community perspective to the senior management team with regards to educational materials and strategy.
- Provide overall leadership and management of patient educational materials in print and in our learning management system. Lead, inspire, manage, coach, and develop the team to accomplish their goals and grow as professionals.
- Represent the foundation at external meetings as need.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Solution oriented problem-solving skills encouraged.
- Able to prioritize work and delegate as needed.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to draft, edit, and finalize well-written, error-free content as needed for job responsibilities.
- Must be an on-the-job learner who can quickly understand basic concepts in clinical neurology.
- Must be dependable, flexible, resourceful and detail oriented with ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish speakers strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrates the organizational values of excellence, teamwork, collaboration, integrity, positivity, dedication and responsiveness.
- Compensation for this position will be $75,000-$95,000 annually and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.