Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote. Like on our programs, the world is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything “remote”
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
The Controller is a senior member of the Finance Team and reports directly to the VP of Finance for Remote Year. We are looking for a seasoned, ambitious professional who wants to advance their career in a high-growth environment.
- Overall control of the Balance Sheet and P&L including reconciliations
- Participate in the creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements as well as budgets, budget to actual reports
- Develop, monitor, and report on key performance metrics
- Evaluate and implement strong internal controls
- Lead others to calculate, prepare and issue invoices, account statements, and related supporting analyses and to properly account for payments and client balances.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and manage the month-end close process
- Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory requirements
- Prepared required reporting to Parent Entity
- Work closely with our Parent entity to ensure all reporting and compliance requirements are met.
- Minimum 7 years experience with 2 + years managing people
- CPA (or similar) designation
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting policies
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience using accounting software, such as Netsuite as well as Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and reliable, with strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work independently, and cross-functionally, as part of a team
- Previous experience in an international environment with high transaction volumes, such as retail, is an asset
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.