Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing has been mandated by the Biden administration and that mandate applies to our US workforce. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world’s best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Location: Seattle -This role can be remote
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time we open our offices. At the time of the local office opening, employees and managers will partner to determine the work site location in line with our Flexible working policy.
Who You Are:
You are a technical accountant with US and/or international reporting and accounting experience (ie. US GAAP, IFRS, FRS 102, foreign transactions). You have a strong attention to detail and are naturally analytical. You are excited by the idea of working in a flexible and fast paced environment where you will be responsible for helping with our consolidated reporting, foreign entity reporting, technical accounting and other projects within the broader finance organization. You enjoy working closely with other functional groups, outside auditors, external accountants and set the example for eliminating silos between teams by always promoting open and free communication. As the ideal candidate you are a CPA, have demonstrated ability, public accounting audit experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. This position plays a key role in the Finance Team and will be involved with several operating functions including US Consolidated Financial Reporting, International Accounting and Reporting, technical accounting as well as ad hoc projects. This position reports to the Manager of International Accounting.
Your Next Challenge
- Responsible for EMEA and APAC statutory audit filings, including coordination with external auditors on PBC requests and responding to audit queries.
- Responsible for providing expert technical accounting advice and guidance which includes implementing new changes, requirements and improvements. Also, providing advice on the implications of any regulatory changes or changes in the business.
- Responsible for ensuring foreign subsidiaries prepare and file their annual financial statements in compliance with local standards.
- Responsible for helping with the US consolidated reporting function which includes producing timely quarterly and annual financial statements and helping coordinate with our external auditors.
- Responsible for drafting of technical accounting memos on newly implemented accounting policies and/or accounting standards
- Providing support to the general ledger accounting team. This may include working closely with external auditors, month end close, and/or related projects.
- Prepares, analyzes, and presents year to date or quarterly financial statements including commentary of variances for financial amounts with multiple business relationships.
- Assist in evaluating and execution of the company’s internal control efforts.
- Prepare quarterly and year to date account reconciliations as needed.
- Works closely with other functional groups including tax team, legal team, external accountants and auditors.
- Support ad hoc projects and being a great teammate wherever needs exist
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years accounting experience with progressively increased responsibility and complexity (preferably audit experience in public accounting).
- Experience/understanding of US GAAP, foreign transactions, IFRS and/or other foreign standards.
- Experience/understanding of foreign currency and intercompany relationship and implications.
- Strong technical accounting skills. Ability to research accounting issues using appropriate guidance, recommend appropriate accounting, and write memos to support conclusions in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, and/or foreign GAAP.
- Exceptional communication and management of communication among various parties and across time zones.
- Ability to work productively in a changing environment
- Proven ability to take ownership of assignments and be flexible to lead multiple tasks in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Ability to independently set direction and deliver results.
- Oracle experience preferred, but not essential assuming experience of similar level financial systems.
- A combination of financial, operations, and/or analytical experiences that includes knowledge of automated financial systems.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
- We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
- Leadership Principles
- As a company, we’re committed to living these Principles every day. Here’s how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
- We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
- We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
- We always raise the bar
- Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
- We collectively bring solutions
- We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
- We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
- We will not tolerate rudeness.
- We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
- We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
- We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
- Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
- We are one Getty Images with no silos
- We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
- We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
- With one voice and shared accountability.
- We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
- We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
- We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]
- Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
- For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
- Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world’s best imagery.
- Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.