- Reston, VA or Remote
- *This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a senior accountant to join our growing finance team. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance & Accounting, this is a unique opportunity for a highly-motivated, process-minded individual as the role will provide experience and growth across the accounting function including: month-end close, revenue accounting, international accounting, intercompany accounting, financial reporting, technical accounting and internal control projects.
What you’ll be doing…
Revenue accounting (25%)
- Working with the Revenue Accounting Manager on contract review, monthly revenue journal entries and revenue account reconciliations.
- Preparing revenue schedules based on ASC 606 guidance.
- Tracking performance obligations for revenue based on fulfillment.
- Drafting revenue technical accounting memos and policies.
- Ensure revenue accounting controls are operating effectively and documented.
Month-end close (25%)
- Working with the Director of Finance & Accounting on consolidated monthly-close including journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules/reporting.
- Prepare accounting entries for various accounts, including the company’s debt instruments, shareholder’s equity, acquisition-related accounting, and certain other liability accounts.
- Responsible for international accounting including ledgers, transfer pricing calculations, intercompany reconciliations, and coordinating with external local international accounting teams.
Financial reporting (25%)
- Working with the Director of Finance & Accounting, responding to external audit requests and preparing supporting documentation for the consolidated annual financial statement audit (Big4).
- Draft and present financial statements, footnote disclosures and supplemental notes to financial statements.
- Manage the international subsidiary requests, statutory audits and tax filings including UK, Ireland, Canada, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia, Canada.
Accounting Policies and Internal Controls (25%)
- Document accounting policies, processes and internal controls, consistent with US GAAP.
- Develop, maintain and update internal control documentation including process flow diagrams, narratives, and design and operating effectiveness testing.
- Develop, maintain and update technical accounting memos.
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA certification is required
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of public accounting audit, SOX/internal audit and private company experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Prior experience with software and/or SaaS companies and ASC 606 preferred
- NetSuite, Salesforce, Carta experience a plus
- Ability to be flexible, learn, and work effectively in teams
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets and comfortable with creating end to end automation of business processes
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic who wants to continually learn and grow in accounting