Data security and privacy is paramount; data leaks, data breaches and new privacy laws are commonplace and implore all of us to find a solution, today.
We believe that the best companies will leverage these challenges as a competitive advantage to drive their business, and we're focused on building the #1 data security platform to help them achieve this mission.
Bearer isbacked by the best European VCs (Alven, Point Nine, Partech)
We are looking for an experienced Developer with in-depth experience in Ruby on Rails, who will join our team of developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software.
We expect you to have a passion for programming and for writing clean and efficient Ruby code.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Write clean maintainable and efficient code
- Implement features end-to-end using our Design System already in place
- Maintain existing code
- 2-3+ years working in web development with Ruby on Rails
- Good understanding of Relational Databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and ORM (e.g. Active Record)
- Experience with Design Patterns (Service Objects and Interactors)
- Experience of performance and query optimisation
- Experience in a Product company and in a startup environment
- Understand the tradeoff of shipping value to the end user vs making something perfect
- Experience with TDD (RSpec)
- Exceptional learning skills
- Experience with turning Designs into Code
- Exceptional problem solving and ability to work independently
- Professional proficiency in English
- EMEA time zone
Nice to have
- Ruby on Rails
- Hotwire (Stimulus, Turbo, Turbo Stream)
- Docker / EKS
- GitHub Actions (CI / CD)
As part of the Bearer team, you will also get:
- A competitive compensation package, with a salary ranging from 60k - 80k/year + Equity Package (or 400-600/Day + Equity Package, if you'd prefer to join as a contractor. Everyone gets the same perks!);
- The chance to join a highly skilled team of software engineers;
- The opportunity to have an impact on a fast-growing organization;
- Work from (almost) anywhere.
Come and build the future of Data Security & Privacy with us!