About the Job
If you are a quantitative market researcher based anywhere in Australia looking for change in direction, this is the perfect role for you. If you also have experience in a market research agency’s technical team or data processing department, then all the better!.
You’ll be joining some of the best and brightest in the market research and data science space. This is a totally unique role and will suit someone looking to blend their technical knowledge and skills with their passion for helping others learn and be successful. Your role at Displayr will be to support our existing users of our software to successfully complete their work using our products, Q Research Software and Displayr.
The role is open both as a full time or a part time role (minimum 2.5 days per week).
Reporting to the Head of User Support & Engagement (based in Sydney), you will:
- Answer support emails and phone calls. This will take up about 50% of your time.
- Be assigned in the region of 100 to 150 accounts, with responsibility for encouraging them to use the products, making sure they don't churn, and related account management tasks.
- Working on team-related operational tasks, such as creating and reviewing documentation, videos, delivering webinars or training sessions, conducting analysis, managing support systems, or other tasks.
- Continually improving systems to more efficiently and effectively achieve the above.
- Live anywhere in Australia with access to solid WIFI, and work remotely from the comfort of your home office.
- Experience in client-facing relationship and account management.
- You're proactive, thinking beyond what's in front of you, and one step ahead of the current problem.
- You treat your clients with empathy and urgency.
- Minimum two years' experience analysing and processing survey data and creating data visualizations in a commercial environment. Ideally you're a gun at either SPSS, R, SAS, Q, Displayr, Tableau, or similar.
- You pick up new software fast and are good at trouble shooting. Your colleagues come to you when they're stuck.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to explain complex technical processes to a wide audience.
- Have full Australian working rights.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance based bonus
- Options in the business (join a fast-growing company in its early stages)
- Relaxed workplace and culture
- Flexible working hours
- Training allowance to help you grow your skills
- Relocation allowance will be offered if you would prefer to move to our Sydney office. It is pretty cool, on the water with access to a pool and tennis court should you wish to join us, if not, you can work from your current location.
- Candidates will need to reside in Australia with full-working rights.
As a member of a globally distributed team (your new colleagues are in Sydney, Chicago, London, and LA), you may be required to take meetings and occasionally work outside of normal office hours.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Australia Only.