Note: BoxCast offers a hybrid work option. The Quality Engineer will have the freedom to work remotely or at an office whenever they choose.
What You’ll Do
- Actively participate in sprint planning, kickoff, and review meetings
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements and acceptance criteria
- Design and execute test plans and strategies
- Contribute to the building, maintenance, and proper usage of test environments, frameworks, and tools
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Perform manual and exploratory testing
- Provide visibility and insight into test results
- Stay informed of technologies, tools, and vendors that BoxCast can or should be leveraging in order to improve our capabilities or efficiency
- Support a DevOps culture through the extension of CI/CD best practices
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support organizational strategies and objectives
How You’ll Display Our Values
- Integrity: Leads by example by exhibiting personal integrity in all ways. Takes responsibility for the organization’s effectiveness. Operates as a beacon of trust and ethical engineering guidance for a growing, high performing team
- Collaboration: Understands when to communicate and escalate information critical to business leaders and promotes a collaborative environment within the Engineering team
- Judgment: Thinks critically and makes decisions based on quantitative – not qualitative – measures
- Achievement: Thrives on execution and is motivated to develop great products that make an impact
- Innovation: Creates an environment that fosters creativity and smart risks in order to inspire indispensable solutions to complex problems and dramatic improvements to the business
- Bachelor's degree in quality engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in a quality engineering field
- Experience writing API tests using Postman, SoapUI, or similar tools
- Experience writing automated UI tests using Selenium in Ruby, Python, Java, or NodeJS
- Knowledge of SDLC and testing fundamentals
- Knowledge of CI/CD operations
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and execute with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skillsHigh attention to detail and process
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of the live streaming ecosystem
- Experience in a startup tech environment
- Experience developing software applications
- Load and performance testing with tools such as JMeter
BoxCast is a live streaming company based in Cleveland, Ohio, but we serve broadcasters and viewers in more than 200 countries. Our founders launched BoxCast back in 2013 with one purpose: to make people part of the experience.
Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people connect with their communities and reach those who can’t attend events in person. Our vision is to be the best live streaming company for organizations — always evolving and pursuing better ways to amaze our customers. We pride ourselves on our company values of integrity, collaboration, judgment, achievement, and innovation.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sponsorship for work authorization for foreign national candidates is not available for this position.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.