QA Engineer Full-time Job3 weeks ago Quality Assurance Worldwide 34 views
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Spain only
We are looking for an enthusiastic QA Engineer to work on our core and business products to help shape the future of science and academic publishing. The ideal candidate will have a background in automated and manual testing of large web sites and strong QA experience.
You will join one of our scrum teams to lead the testing activities of the products this team works on, and work closely with the product owner and development team, as well as with an external team based in India, making sure that quality is baked in from the start.
- Plan, define and execute test cases for each release.
- Estimate, prioritize, and coordinate testing activities with an external team.
- Work with product development team to define and verify the acceptance criteria of our user stories.
- Work with development team to incorporate test processes/cycles into each sprint.
- Work with development team to identify, define and execute the performance checks.
- Report and document technical issues, as well as follow them up through the complete bug cycle.
- Conduct performance and functional post-release testing.
- Collaborate in the creation and maintenance of our test automation infrastructure.
- Monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system issues to meet quality standards.
- Help developers and teams cultivate a quality mindset.
- Understand and evaluate risk factors as they relate to changing requirements.
- 3+ years of quality assurance and test engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Methodical, a self-starter, and passionate about quality which is key to the growth and success of a product.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify root cause and cause/effect relations.
- Strong organizational skills, able to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results.
Preferred Qualifications & Tech Stack
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with SQL databases and MongoDB.
- Experience with coding using C#.
- Understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS, and HTML.
- Experience developing automated tests using Selenium Webdriver.
- Experience with API testing and performance testing.
What we Offer
With over 50 nationalities across seven locations around the world, we are certainly a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors, and authors from across the globe.
- 25 days' vacation per year + 4 Well Being Days
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across Spain
- Extensive learning opportunities through our LinkedIn Learning partnership & Pluralsight
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
Your application must include:
1. A cover* letter and CV in English
2. The indication of your earliest availability
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Spain only.