JH Miles and Associates, Inc. (JHMA) is a nimble, innovative and growing workforce development training and consulting firm that designs and delivers training programs for a range of clients.
For this position, living in a HUB Zone will be a plus in ones eligibility; eligible candidates must be able to prove residency in a HUB Zone with two valid forms of identification. Residency in a HUB Zone is determined by the census map, and applicants should use this online tool to determine if he/she lives in a qualified HUB Zone (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map#center=39.828200,-98.579500&zoom=5).
If you meet the qualifications below and are interested in this opportunity, we invite you to apply.
- Hours: 20-25 hrs./wk.
- Must be available Monday Friday, 9 am-2 pm
- Location: Remote/Work from home
- Identify opportunities to pursue by monitoring state and federal databases
- Manage the proposal development process
- Analyze selected solicitations to identify requirements and make a recommendation for go/no-go decision based on qualifications
- Work with CEO (or Volume Lead) to develop/identify win themes
- Create document layout according to solicitation requirements
- Identify and sketch artwork for each section, and work with CEO (or Volume Lead) and Graphics/Publications to develop final artwork
- Interview subject matter experts to create draft content for each section
- Create drafts of each section using Microsoft Word-based proposal template and proposal style guide
- Work with CEO (or Volume Lead) to prepare drafts for review
- Incorporate review comments, and prepare final proposal sections
- Manage the proposal submission process, including drafting detailed submission instructions for the team and ensuring that the proposals are completed and delivered on time
- Individual must be effective in a highly collaborative and high pace work environment and have leadership skills to be an effective performer and advisor to clients
- Continually update the proposal artifacts necessary for accurate, thorough, and rapid responses
- Bachelors degree in Counseling, Psychology, English, Communications, Human Resources, or Organizational Development preferred
- Minimum of two years of Government proposal writing experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office 365 for Business suite
- Access to a computer with high-speed internet and local secure data storage capabilities
- Be willing to be flexible and to continually learn in an ever-changing environment
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple priorities at a time
- Able to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent research skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Write clearly, descriptively, and without reliance on jargon
- Write about detailed information with precision and clarity
- Solid grip on grammar and style
JH Miles & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer