Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail, then we want to meet you! Our team of bold, innovative, and creative teammates is what makes us the top startup to work for. FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the industry. If you are ready to join our team, it is time for you to apply!
FreightWaves is looking for a Product UX Designer that has a drive for exploring and drafting design solutions that allow its customers to intuitively navigate its cutting-edge product offerings. In addition to standard design efforts (designing wireframes, hifi mockups and prototypes) as a Product UX Designer at FreightWaves, youll be leading user research efforts to discover pain points, create solutions, build out user personas, and establish a design system across products.
Additionally, youll advise the product team on user research findings, collaborate with engineers to discover feasibility of solutions, and present your findings/solutions to executives and customer success teams. All designs should be focused on providing a simple and intuitive user interface and address bottlenecks in the user flow of our applications.
Your insights and design solutions will guide our fortune-500 customer base to make informative decisions when managing their supply chain using FreightWaves analytical products. The design team at FreightWaves believes our focus on user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, and intuitive, modern design will be a key differentiator in the $63 billion industry we are disrupting.
What youll be doing:
- Assess current pain points in user experience
- Collaborate with UX team lead on defining our style guide and designs system
- Begin outlining component specs and designs for our design system
- Define design requirements based on user feedback and business needs
- Present product design and user flow strategies to multiple teams
- Product wireframes and hifi mock ups
- Collaborate with multiple teams to understand limitations and expectations of our products
Requirements And Skills:
- Experience green-fielding a design system and style guide.
- A strong understanding of design fundamentals such as design heuristics, typography standards, and color theory.
- Ability to prototype designs in low-fidelity and hi-fidelity.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- A complete and thorough portfolio featuring examples of product and UX design.
- Experience with Figma.
- B.A./B.S. in business, design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of relevant product or UX design experience.
- An excellent work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Concierge doctor on-call
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (max one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership (or virtual membership while COVID is still a part of our daily lives)
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford vehicles