You will be expected to gather requirements, work closely with the UX team to gather user insights and prioritize work based on the roadmap.
- Maintain a backlog of work to improve our software
- Define scope of work
- Translating product managers' strategies to tasks for development
- Create user stories for the team
- Hold grooming calls
- Know how to work in cross-functional teams
- Produce and review product requirements documents
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 2-5 years professional product owner experience or similar role
- Able to prioritize software development for maximum ROI
- Ability to ask probing questions to discover the true requirements of a project
- Great communication skills to ensure deadlines are a must
- Knows how to say no to scope creep
- Can take a big project and break it down into smaller pieces for execution
- Loves to be challenged by enterprise-grade problems
- Comfortable working on a small, agile environment (startup)
- Knows Jira and Azure
Bonus if you:
- Had past experience working with smaller teams, especially in a remote setting.
- Experience writing technical groomings
- Knowledge in Productboard and/or other Roadmap tools
- Great attitude (smile-through-the phone level of great!) and highly personable
- You go the extra mile—providing the minimum isn't good enough for you
- You tend to be an early – adopter who isn't intimidated by the latest tech
- Impeccable follow-through (you finish your tasks and projects ALL the time, nothing falls through the cracks, if there is a breakdown you are fully in communication ahead of time)
- Common sense galore (you often hear of situations and are puzzled why other people don't get the simplest of things)
- Love and promote great team work. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves to help out a colleague.
- You are a critical thinker who asks questions…specifically why?
- You are not satisfied with the status quo – you are an optimizer.
- Computer, camera, high-speed internet and a quiet place to work without distractions.
Want to learn more about Traction Tools? Jump on over to our website at www.mytractiontools.com.
We are specifically looking for people who are overqualified for this opening. Mostly because we find it more fun to work with really awesome people, and secondarily because there is opportunity for advancement as the firm grows. If you don't love people and enjoy working with your computer/software, please do not apply (again, it won't be great for either of us). We have created a fun, casual work environment with a lot of autonomy and no micromanagement. We are an ethics-driven organization and pride ourselves on having a workplace with open communication and mutual respect.
We look forward to hearing from you! If you know the perfect person for this position, please forward this posting to them.
Radial Inc dba Traction Tools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form I9 upon hire. Radial Inc participates in the E-Verify program.