CitizenLab is hiring a Remote Product Marketing Manager
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
Product Marketing Manager at CitizenLab
As our Product Marketing Manager, your main mission will be to lead the go-to-market for our participation platform and its modules (Engagement, Workshops, Insights), create launch campaigns, and drive product adoption post-launch. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at CitizenLab: you will be part of the Marketing team, yet partnering closely with Product, Business Development, and GovSuccess. Your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Product strategy and positioning:
Design and implement go-to-market strategies to leverage the CitizenLab product’s strengths and drive product adoption by cities and organisations.
Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market trends, data insights, and product understanding.
- Product (launch) campaigns:
Translate new and existing product features into convincing benefits for governments and citizens, with a keen eye to matching the product to the needs of different countries and market segments.
Work with the Product Managers and the Marketing team on new campaigns and craft compelling messages across marketing channels (e.g. landing pages, ad campaigns).
- Product enablement:
Enable Business Developers and GovSuccess to present our platform in the most compelling way to prospective and existing clients through outstanding collateral (e.g. video, one-pager, blog articles, demo content).
Become our go-to product expert, and support and train the Business Development and GovSuccess teams in becoming experts, too.
- Product adoption:
- Track feature adoption and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with the Government Success Managers to implement an upselling strategy following increased product adoption across the client organisation.
- What do we expect from you?
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management.
- You have experience working on (B2B) product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle.
- You can strongly relate to our digital democracy mission and want to work on the topic of citizen participation and public governance. Demonstrable experience working in/with the public sector is a big plus.
- You are a strategic thinker and can successfully connect the dots. You excel at designing go-to-market strategies, approaching this in a structured way, and involving multiple stakeholders.
- You have a hands-on attitude, love running experiments and re-iterate upon data insights, and come with creative ideas for new growth.
- You are tech-savvy and analytical, keen on automating wherever possible, and familiar with technical/digital marketing techniques.
- You are an excellent communicator and have a very good command of English. Proficiency in Dutch and/or French are a plus.
- Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have a social impact at scale. We're daily working with +300 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to a scaleup (50 employees), and our expansion from Europe to the United States .
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by the leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We organise many team activities and afterworks (when possible). We are as serious about our work in digital democracy, as about having fun on our journey together.
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly town halls and impact meetings, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Work 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re growing fast together, both collectively and individually.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, personal development budget, well-being budget, participation in collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working remotely, and much more.
- CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.