Were hiring a Product Designer on the Foundations team to help craft the future of Slack. Youll help shape and maintain our design system and tools, as well as design features core to the Slack experience.
Designers here work across every stage of product development, from creating the experience of new features, to prototyping and finding creative solutions, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. On our team, we appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, work collaboratively, and have a solid collection of animated GIFs.
At Slack, we have a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
What youll be doing:
- Work closely with lead designers on the team to define features and the overall direction of your product area.
- Partner with the wider design team to find creative ways to increase design productivity and efficiency.
- Work with design, product management, and engineering to generate ideas and turn them into a flawless product experience.
- Create, organize, and update our design library and templates in Figma.
- Partner with engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Use the Slack design system in order to craft flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Improve your teams work by asking for and offering feedback from other product designers and cross-functional teammates.
What you should have:
- 2+ years of experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction, and visual design.
- Deep knowledge of Figma, particularly components, libraries, auto layout, and plugins.
- Solid understanding of how to craft usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users.
- Experience working and collaborating with complementary diverse teams in a multi-faceted, rapid-growth environment.
- Experience working with product managers to execute on the strategy for product features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (bonus points if you love to use emoji)
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $98,900. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.