Title: Product Counsel, Fintech
- Location: US East Coast Preferred
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We are seeking a Product Counsel to join our growing Legal and Compliance Product and Commercial team to meet the expanding needs of our company and our customers. In this newly created role, you will be advising and working collaboratively with our product, engineering, business, and marketing teams to support our global product experiences.
We are passionate about using innovative technology and excellent service to elevate the experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. If you shine in a fast-paced environment and thrive on the success of a job well done, lets chat!
This position is fully remote with a preference for someone on the East Coast.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Counsel the product, engineering, and design teams on a range of issues including global payments, international consumer fintech experiences, data transfer, and tax.
- Navigate global regulatory frameworks to design innovative fintech products and services.
- Look around corners and creatively solve problems for the business as they plan, build, and execute on their international product roadmap.
Heres what were looking for:
- JD degree and a member of a State bar/ active license to practice law.
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience in a law firm, government, and/or in-house legal department at a technology company.
- Experience enabling international fintech products and the launches of highly regulated yet innovative, global products.
- Experience providing pragmatic, business-oriented and consumer-centric guidance related to global data privacy laws, including GDPR (bonus if CIPP/E certified).
- Ability to spot and resolve a variety of legal issues across multiple jurisdictions within the U.S. and abroad (e.g., payments, regulatory, commercial, IP).
- Experience creatively solving problems, taking into account legal risk and business needs.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow through in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player mindset (no job is too big or too small).
- A collaborative approach and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, cross-functionally, and independently.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $127,000-$156,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $150,000-$183,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.