what you do, then you belong with the leading provider of full suite HIM solutions.
CIOX Health Coding/HIM Consulting/EMR Abstraction Division is looking for HIM professionals to join our rapidly growing team! We are currently hiring Remote Outpatient coders for full-time employment opportunities.
- Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures
- Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record documentation
- Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition
- Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution
- Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and 95% accuracy rate for APC assignment and maintains site designated productivity standards
- Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials
- Attend CIOX Health sponsored education meetings/in-services
- Demonstrate initiative and judgment in performance of job responsibilities
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues
- Function in a professional, efficient and positive manner
- Adhere to the American Health Information Management Associations code of ethics.
- Must be customer-service focused and exhibit professionalism, flexibility, dependability and desire to learn
- High complexity of work function and decision making
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Willing and able to travel when necessary if applicable
- Must have excellent communications skills- email and verbal
- Reports to work as scheduled
- Complies with all HIM Division Policies
- Expected to frequently use the following equipment: Desktop PC or thin client, phone (with voice mail), fax machine, and other general office equipment.
- Associate or Bachelor degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program or Nursing Program or completion of certificate program with CCS, CPC or CCSP.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- One to five years of coding experience in a hospital and/or coding consulting role.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software
- Passing annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given annually in accordance with employee review
To ensure the safety of patients and staff, many of our clients require post-offer health screenings and proof and/or completion of various vaccinations such as the flu shot, Tdap, COVID-19, etc. Any requests to be exempted from these requirements will be reviewed by Ciox Human Resources and determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the state in which you will be working, exemptions may be available on the basis of disability, medical contraindications to the vaccine or any of its components, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, and/or religion.