What youll be doing..
As an experienced Business Developer (youll be an Opportunity Development Specialist within the Codeable team), you will be focused on new client acquisition to build long-term client relationships with businesses and organizations that are a good fit for Codeables service offerings. This position will report directly to the OM&D Team Lead.
As a member of our diverse team, youll be.
- Prospecting and researching businesses that are aligned with and would benefit from Codeable service offerings
- Crafting thoughtful messaging to initiate contact and generate interest
- Implementing strategies to make the most impact with the right leads
- Conducting cold outreach and preliminary qualification & education of potential client opportunities through various channels (email, social media, etc.)
- Working with the Opportunity Management Team for handing off hot leads to onboard as new Codeable clients
- Working with the Marketing Team to align business development strategies
- Working with the Partners Team to align with partner business development strategies
- Working with the Expert team for to align on expert resourcing supply & demand
- Engaging with clients via Hubspot, Intercom, and the Codeable app
- Engaging with experts via Intercom, Slack, and the Codeable app
- Participating in all-hands team meetings
- Contributing as part of the broader Codeable team to further evolve OM&D and Codeable
Youll need to be..
Ridiculously passionate about building client relationships and have a proven track record for business development and new client acquisition, preferably in the WordPress development ecosystem. We dont need to be a WordPress genius (thats what our experts are for!), but a basic working understanding of WordPress. We do need you to know what WordPress is and how it works, because you will be identifying prospective opportunities that would be a good fit for Codeables service offering, then educating and matching those opportunities with the right services offerings and packages.
We are looking for you if you have experience working at larger agencies or platforms selling digital web services and are excited to amplify Codeable brand awareness within our industry.
- Preferably 3+ years experience building and retaining new client relationships for a digital agency, platform, etc (ideally using WordPress)
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and WordPress service offerings (familiarity with the surrounding WP ecosystem is a plus), including project briefs & budgets, and web development projects generally
- Impeccable written & verbal English language skills (native speaker or native level -> additional languages at communicative levels a plus)
- Experience in outside sales and business development roles with record of client acquisition through to conversion and retention
- Familiarity with Hubspot for entry and management of prospective opportunities
- Polite, professional sales demeanor
- Comfortable saying no if prospects are not a good fit for Codeable
- Empathic, able to mediate and resolve conflict and client issues with poise
- Strategic thinker with strong attention to detail
- Positive, team-oriented, but self-disciplined and autonomous
- Able to work autonomously and asynchronously with Codeable Teams
- Adaptability to change (comfortable with fast paced, changing environment)
- Must play hard and rest hard -> we whistle while we work!
- Compassionate and mindful towards all peoples and cultures
- Eagerness to grow within the company and contribute to Codeable as a whole
- Established client connections that you could bring over to Codeable to benefit from our service offerings is a PLUS!
- Prior remote work experience preferred
Location and Hours:
This is a full-time remote position.
How we work..
- We are a fully distributed team, so we use a combination of Slack, internal blogs and online meetings to communicate and collaborate; frequent and clear written communication is a must
- We default to trust and care about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in
- We get the whole company together once a year on a retreat
- We are very serious about our work, but also take fun seriously; we always appreciate a good joke and tend to not take ourselves too seriously
- We expect you to work well with culturally diverse individuals, since our internal team is from all around the world and our experts and clients span every continent (not Antarctica)
- Being a small team we expect individuals to show initiative and not be afraid to take on new challenges and roles
How the selection process operates..
- All candidates go through an initial resume screening process
- We then invite all shortlisted candidates for an online interview with our Head of Support and the Opportunity Management Lead the goal of this interview is to get to know each other better, talk about your experience with WordPress and client-facing roles
- If we find were a good fit, well send you a couple of sample WordPress related questions and a couple client-related situations to respond to within 24 hours to gauge how well you deal with some of the questions and scenarios youll handle on a daily basis
- If were happy with the outcome of your work, well invite you to a 2nd interview the goal of this interview is to discuss your work and give you the opportunity to walk us through your problem-solving process and supply you with another set of questions that will test your prioritization and communication skills
- After the second interview, we will be reaching out with a job offer to the successful individual
Equal Opportunity Statement
Codeable is an equal opportunity organization that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Codeable makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
- Your data will not be commercially shared with, or used by, any third parties.
- Codeable will manage your data in Workable, the tool we use to manage the Expert application process.
- We are Codeable ApS, a company registered in Denmark
- Codeable will only use your data applicant in relation to your inquiry to become a Codeable Expert