Nonprofit Administration and Operations Manager Full-time Job1 month ago Other Worldwide 46 views
Nonprofit Administration & Operations Manager
- United States
- Full time
The Administration & Operations Manager will manage human resources, administration, finances, and digital infrastructure for Shareable, a 501(c)3 nonprofit. The position will work closely with the staff, board, and other stakeholders to develop Shareable into a more effective nonprofit organization that’s better able to attract and retain high-caliber talent needed to achieve our goals. The Administration & Operations Manager will report to the Executive Director. The Administration & Operations Manager oversees everything internal, freeing up the Executive Director to focus on external matters such as fundraising, public relations, and partnerships.
- Manage human resources function including employee time off, benefits, changes in hours, compensation, and/or job descriptions. Instill a human capital development and “coaching” culture within Shareable; upgrade human resources functions including: training, development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance evaluation and recruiting.
- Manage Shareable’s finance function including reporting, seeking cost reductions, processing income, monitoring cash flow, paying vendors, invoicing, expense reimbursements, and credit card reconciliations; analyze and update the budget as needed.
- Manage, optimize, and create where necessary organization-wide systems to streamline business operations.
- Provide for a strong day-to-day presence and support an open-door policy among all staff
- In partnership with the Executive Director, coordinate performance evaluations to ensure consistent and timely completion.
- Coordinate hiring and onboarding process for new staff members. Assist in developing and managing policies to help Shareable attract and retain the best talent.
- Coordinate the annual operations plan and budget
- Operate and maintain an accounting system that provides the organization with quick access to financial information and enables strategic budgeting
- Co-lead with Executive Director the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization
- Coordinate strategic planning, general communication, and logistics with the board of directors; plan annual board and staff retreat
- Support organizational fundraising. Administrative aspects including project management proposal, budget preparation, and contract reviews.
- Manage Shareable’s operations-related vendors including our accountant, bookkeeper, website developers and host, and consultants.
- Manage contractor relationships ensuring favorable contract terms, contract compliance, and legal compliance.
- Develop tools and reports to provide information and key metrics to the management team and board of directors.
Experience, Education, and Skills:
- Five to seven years professional experience in operations, finance, organizational development, and/or human resources. Applicable educational background a plus.
- A passion for sharing, the solidarity economy, social transformation, sustainability, and grassroots innovation.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills required. Facilitation and communication training is a plus.
- Prefer an open-minded person able to engage different communities, create consensus, and build coalitions around their work.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail. Experience working on a virtual team is a plus.
- Experience with internal systems such as Salesforce, Podio, Slack, Google Workspace, Justworks, WordPress, Workable, Quickbooks or similar systems a plus.
Organizational Relationship: The position reports to the Executive Director.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to perform tasks such as typing and writing.
Work Environment: *The Administration & Operations Manager is a fully remote position that will work from home. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Salary: $55,000 – $60,000 annually DOE for a 32-hour work week plus full benefits
Shareable employees work a 32-hour workweek Monday through Thursday. All full-time (32 hour/week) employees are eligible for 10 days of annual sick time, generous vacation time, 10 paid holidays, and ICHRA reimbursement for medical coverage. *Position is remote within the United States.*
Shareable is committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We encourage and welcome applicants of any race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, class, religion, ability, or ideology to apply for this position. We actively seek applicants who identify at BIPOC, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and persons with disabilities. You can learn more about our mission, vision, and diversity principles here.