We are seeking a passionate, self-driven Mobile QA Engineer to develop and execute manual as well as automated tests in order to ensure product quality across our native mobile apps. If you’re laser-focused, dedicated, analytical, and have the ability to identify and solve complex problems on a variety of different mobile devices, then this could be the opportunity for you! Our Quality Assurance team is close-knit; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us!
As a Mobile QA Engineer, you’ll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, product managers, designers, and customer support in testing and assuring product quality. Your responsibilities will include daily estimation, planning, investigation, coordination, and test execution to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system. Above all, you’re responsible for finding bugs before users do and upholding the highest quality in everything you do.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand. Even if you don’t check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don’t fit a mold, join us!
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll perform thorough black-box testing of our native mobile applications to ensure performance, usability, completion, quality, and hardware/software compatibility.
- Take ownership and be responsible for your assigned platforms (iOS and/or Android) through fast paced release cycles and across the SDLC.
- Create, edit, update test cases that span manual and automated tests
- Collaborate closely with Developers, Designers, Product Managers, and Customer Support in an agile environment to contribute to build a quality product.
- Develop QA strategies that increase QA testing capacity and coverage.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of mobile QA experience (iOS focus)
- Passion for all things mobile – especially applications on phones and tablets
- Experience working on different applications and operating systems: iOS and Android
- Experience manually building apps onto the simulator and devices with Xcode and Android Studio
- Good understanding of REST APIs and how mobile devices communicate data to/from server
- Must be hard working, team-oriented, bright, creative, proactive and an exceptional problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Experience with defect tracking software, Agile project management systems, and test case management tools
- You’re self-driven to improve the app experience above and beyond what’s outlined in the spec.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, yet you are flexible to adapt to change.
Tell us if you have…
- Working knowledge of Github, Ruby on Rails, and SQL
- Experience with Charles, Xcode, Bugsnag, RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium WebDriver
- Full medical, vision, dental benefits
- Stock incentives
- Generous time-off policy
- Family building support
- 401K matching
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous equipment budget