About This Position:
The Marketing Copywriter is responsible for writing powerful, effective copy for marketing programs across multiple brand platforms and communication vehicles, including email, social media, and websites. We are looking for deep talent with a depth of experience in the new consciousness field and an ability to write about it from a place of sincerity, intelligence, and heart!
The Marketing Copywriter will work closely alongside executives, campaign strategists, and highly experienced Internet marketers and branding experts to collaborate on projects aimed at helping people to make real and meaningful change in their lives and in the world.
This person will effectively communicate the benefits of our programs and products, and feel equally comfortable with brand messaging, positioning and direct response copy targeted to our online community with the majority of this positions focus on our online course sales pages and email campaigns. Skill in crafting comprehensive direct-response campaigns is beneficial.
This individual must be aligned with The Shift Networks vision of accelerating the shift to a peaceful, sustainable, healthy, and prosperous world, and have a commitment to the work of personal and collective transformation.
- Copywriter for specific topics/genres delivered through online education format, aware of the process that leads to creating sales conversions and skillfully infusing company brand voice and style
- Collaborate with internal team to craft effective marketing campaigns for wide range of online courses, products and events
- Skillfully infuse company brand tone and positioning in copy across all media
- Serve multiple internal clients through B2C education programs of all types
- Develop effective relationships with internal clients and demonstrate strong ability to work in a team environment
- Ongoing learning of copywriting and marketing best practices
- Conduct online research for appropriate content
- Use project management tracking system (Asana), Hotjar, Amplitude (data analytics software), and Slack for communication
- Other tasks, as assigned
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 2-4 years online direct response copy experience with demonstrable skill in brand translation
- Avid interest in and knowledge of the transformational learning market (teachers, schools of thought) and understanding of the needs and desires of the market
- Exceptional listening and verbal skills to synthesize creative direction and distill into on-target, inspirational messaging that incorporates keyword, drives interest and engagement and converts
- Excellent writing/editing skills and grammar: You can tell a story, know how to write long copy and make it scannable. You know how to find and pull the emotional triggers, but are conscious of when you cross the line into manipulation. Familiarity with AP Style Guide.
- Ability to write in multiple voices: You will need to write copy for speakers and hosts, so an ability to emulate their voice is important. You are able to write emails with a tone that sounds like a note from a friend, and then switch over to dense course materials writing for concentrated periods of time on complex, often spiritual/philosophical, subjects
- Must be keen at meeting deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Knowledge of online marketing concepts and an ability to collaborate with the creative services team to create integrated, effective web pages
- Must be able to attend meetings and work in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness to innovate or follow direction: Bring your ideas and insights and be willing to implement them in a split-test environment, or be willing to execute instructions as directed
- Willingness to constantly learn new marketing strategies and concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Portfolio that demonstrates experience in copy across key media, including banners, web, direct response, and ad campaigns
- Must be meticulous with regard to details, dates, times, links, and keywords in the copy
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once throughout the day
- Must be able to accept constructive feedback and copy edit suggestions with a positive attitude of learning
- Deep desire to make a difference and have a positive impact on others and the world