About the Role
As a Quality Assurance Manager at BookNook, you will oversee the activity of the quality assurance team, developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality and reliability testing for our products and development processes. You will join our fast-growing team as an early employee that can build and shape the future direction of our QA approach in order to deliver outstanding user experiences and learning tools.
At BookNook, we strongly believe that quality assurance should be built in at every stage of the product development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be able to roll up their sleeves and test features, but will be motivated to lead processes and drive our collective engineering culture to have quality in our DNA.
At BookNook, You Will:
- Supervise and mentor a growing team of QA automation engineers.
- Contribute to the software delivery process, from exploratory testing to developing acceptance criteria, to bug advocacy, to verification-based testing.
- Act as the quality owner of a complex system that is used by hundreds of thousands of students and teachers.
- Empower your team by advocating for their needs and supporting them through personal and professional challenges and goals.
- Define and promote standards for software reliability and test coverage across the codebase.
- Work with the Impact team and the on-call engineers to identify, triage, and resolve customer issues.
- Define metrics to measure and report on the health of our test automation and coverage.
You Are A Good Fit If:
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Quality leadership role
- Have a deep understanding of agile testing principles and the whole team approach to quality
- Have a strong testing background and have preferably reached a senior quality assurance position at some point in your career.
- Have an understanding of what intrinsically motivates human beings through autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Experience collaborating with product managers, developers and partnerships team to ensure quality throughout the product development process.
- Experience working with Test and Defect Management / Work-flow tools such as Jira.
- Experience handling and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously and communicating roadblocks.
- Experience creating and executing test plans, checklists, and scripts, and generating test reports.
- Experience testing web-based applications, client/server-API tests; as well as browser-based testing with knowledge of both UI and back-end service relationships.
- Strong understanding of relational database architecture/concepts
- Cares about the user experience and is driven to solve real-world problems.
- A passion for teaching and our company mission. Many BookNook employees are former educators.
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive base salary and equity stake
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO and generous holiday schedule
- AD&D + Life Insurance
- Great work/life balance
- Fantastic team and fun remote work environment
Join a company with a mission. BookNook has been around since 2016, is growing fast, and has already helped tens of thousands of children improve their literacy, especially those that come from the most disadvantaged environments. Were a scrappy, smart team that gets things done but we are strong believers in family, friends, and work-life balance. Work on exciting technology and make a tangible difference in the world every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BookNook embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.