What would you do? - The Specifics
- Handles daily administration of the company’s leave of absence program.
- Facilitates coordination of absences and return-to-work, including intermittent leaves for associates across multiple locations and states.
- Determines associate’s leave eligibility under federal and state regulations.
- Processes notification requirements to LOA associates; including approvals, denials, leave extensions and return-to-work.
- Obtains required paperwork and evaluates medical certification for completeness and appropriate documentation.
- Processes the Employer statements from disability carriers/state agencies coordinating the disability payments.
- Handles the direct billing of company benefits of associates on unpaid leaves.
- Maintains data and document records to ensure compliance and accountability.
- Works with employee relations and legal department to review cases and ensure they are handled correctly and ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Ensures Store Managers and District Managers understand compliance duties
- Available for a remote contract position
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience HR experience with a concentration in FMLA and ADA.
- DMEC Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of FMLA, LOA and ADA regulations.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft applications; specifically Word and Excel
- HRIS systems experience preferred.
- Leave Management Software/Case Management Software experience preferred.
- Strong verbal/written communication abilities; effective interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly organized with strong follow up skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.