As Lead Database Developer, you will be responsible for the development of CareShield’s MSSQL databases including ensuring the reliability of existing databases, defining, and extending the architecture of our databases and technical specification. You will also be responsible for the guidance of work completed by members of the application development team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced database developer to join a rapidly expanding company. CareShield are currently on a strong growth trajectory and require a technology leader to help build and develop quality cloud-based products for our customers.
This role will be based in CareShield’s Stevenage Head Office full-time. A hybrid role would be considered with a minimum of 2 days a week in the Stevenage Head Office with the remaining days remote working – You must already hold the right to work in the UK
What Benefits Can You Expect?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. (33 in Total)
- Additional day off for Birthday
- Christmas Shutdown
- Generous pension scheme
- Mobile Phone & Laptop provided
- Access to Legal, Financial and Medical Advice for you and your family (via EAP)
- Counselling, Bereavement and CBT services available (via EAP)
- Access to a Wellbeing Portal and Health App that includes fitness, holistic health and wellbeing advice
- Discounts on over 2,000 brand products via Perks at Work including up to 50% of Cinema Tickets
- Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5:30pm, Fridays 8.30am to 4pm
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (DOE)
Main Responsibilities for the Role Include:
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the organisations products
- Design of new database architecture (tables and workflows) as new applications are developed
- Development of database code e.g. stored procedures and reports to support the development of CareShield applications
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime (both SQL Server interface)
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development
- Line management of other development team members
The MUST HAVE Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in application development environment(s) in a role requiring a similar skill set
- Experience of MS SQL up to and including MS SQL 2019 and associated applications
- In depth SQL Server database administration experience
- Experience of managing multiple MS SQL RDBMS on large systems
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on database projects
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
- Experience of Transactional SQL and DTS stored procedures
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL database security
- Experienced in the usage and implementation of web services
Not Essential but would be an Advantage
- Be familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Have a good understanding of code versioning, especially GIT
- Hold a development qualification e.g. relevant degree or certification such as Microsoft Certification
Contact us to find out more!
We are looking for people to take ownership and pride in their work, as well as pulling together as a part of a team. It is an exciting time to be a part of CareShield, a rapidly growing company.
As this role will include access to learner data, and as part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, an Enhanced DBS check will be requested in the event of being offered a position with us.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:UK Only.