Lead Data Analyst
Location: Remote, USA or San Francisco, CA
About the team
The Stitch Fix Internal Audit teams mission is to identify and assess financial risks and opportunities across the entire company. We are focused on controllership, client experience, and operational efficiency. We add value and improve the Companys operations by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes, including managements system of internal controls over financial reporting. We are looking for someone who is bright, kind, and motivated by challenge and who thrives in a fast-paced environment; someone who has a passion and proven ability for analyzing data, solving complex analytical problems, and can help build our next generation of automated audit testing procedures and controls, help improve processes to scale the business to the next level, and create meaningful risk insights using data.
About the role
Internal Audit is seeking an exceptional Lead Data Analyst to help define and accelerate the growth of our Internal Audit Data & Risk Informatics initiatives. In this role, you will architect and execute a research roadmap that connects risk to the business, enabling the construction of inference models to aid data driven Risk Assessment across the enterprise. You will support internal audit engagements and liaise with auditors to assess the best approach to audit data, tools, and systems. You will bring expertise to identifying where existing ML models or Data Science methodologies can be leveraged to gain better insights to generate recommendations that address a range of problems across the entire company. You will also help up-skill auditors by providing basic training in data analytics and modeling.
The ideal candidate will be an established expert in data analytics and have excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders and translate business needs into methodology and data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and an ability to work in a dynamic environment. This role is remote and can be based anywhere within the United States or near Stitch Fix Corporate Office.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Identify and build key risk monitoring mechanisms to enable continuous risk assessment and quantitative analysis.
- Coordinate with lead auditors to apply best practices in audit testing procedures.
- Build tooling to enable automated testing and information gathering.
- Coach auditors and provide training to broaden the use of basic data analytics across all audits.
- Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with big data to develop insights and recommendations to inform audit decisions.
- Propose methods of summarizing insights from large text using natural language processing techniques.
- Design and run A/B experiments to validate the hypotheses and evaluate the impact of optimizations and communicate results to various stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to build scalable solutions and new capabilities.
We get excited about candidates that have
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science
- An understanding of business fundamentals (e.g., accounting, finance) and controls.
- 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R, etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g., R, SAS, or Matlab)
- 3+ years working as a Data Scientist, Business Intelligence Analyst, or problem solving in a software development environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Modeling and analytics experience
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, SageMaker, EC2, Lambda, & EMR
- Demonstrable track record of dealing with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Combination of deep technical skills and business acumen to interface with all levels and disciplines within our organization
Youll love working at Stitch Fix because
- We are a group that is bright, kind, and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We dont take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day