This job may be performed remotely within the United States, except that it is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
WEX is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join their Corporate Accounting team! As an Accountant on this team, you will have the opportunity to support one of our largest lines of business – Fleet.
WEX understands what it takes to lead in the Fintech industry and welcome you to take the journey with us! We are flexible for you to work remote and we will set you up for success.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Reconcile all assigned general ledger accounts
- Maintain corporate accounting sub-ledger and ensures accurate records, proper accounting treatment and reporting
- Exercise limited accounting control and financial treatment over a group of accounts within a given specialized area
- Record, classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Perform the daily and/or weekly reconciliation of cash accounts and accounts receivable sub-ledgers to the general ledger
- Research and resolve differences
- Participate in monthly closing processes, with full understanding of all key journal entries
- Assist with annual external audit
- Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit
- Maintain list of journal entries and reconciliations and ensures that all are accounted for and have proper approvals
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or Initiated Coursework towards a degree
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Ideal if you have Google Workspace/G Suite experience!
- Strong accounts receivable knowledge is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of relevant software applications, databases, and spreadsheets required
- A knowledge of accounting and the ability to analyze accounting transactions
- Individual must be a motivated self-starter who possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment with proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Individual must have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and ability to build relationships and manage conflict