Title: IT Infrastructure Engineer (SRE)
Location: San Francisco, CA; Denver, CO; New York, NY; US Remote; Ontario, Canada; British Columbia, Canada
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto processes billions of dollars in payroll every month for small businesses and their employees. Our clients trust us with a huge amount of personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI), including SSNs, EINs, salaries, home addresses, and more. Our business is largely built on trust, as a result protecting our clients PII and PHI is one of the top considerations in anything we do at Gusto.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will focus on our Virtualization platform. We are looking for an expert on the VMware tech stack. Working within the IT Core Infrastructure team, you will focus on enhancing our virtualization offerings as we scale to support our growth.
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Manage and support server and infra technologies in the datacenter and cloud
- Identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements
- Work with the team to shift off our on-premise server environment to AWS
- Build highly-available, scalable solutions in AWS
- Troubleshoot and forecast issues before they occur
- Automate and script operations where appropriate
Heres what were looking for:
- Experience in a similar SRE / Infrastructure role
- In-depth knowledge of AWS
- Ability to script (or code ideally) with Python, Go, Perl, Ruby, C, C++ or Java
- Good knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Familiar with DevOps environments / Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication skills; collaborative and personable
- Experience with automation tools and configuration-as-code (Azure DSC, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $136,000-$187,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $170,000-$234,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.