As a global IoT platform service and cellular connectivity provider, maintaining a suitable portfolio of IoT devices and hardware connectivity options is a critical part of delivering a successful IoT development experience to makers, developers, and mass production customers.
We are looking for an experienced IoT Device Product Manager to organize and oversee the maintenance of these existing products and the development and release of new products. As a Product Manager, you will translate product development ideas into features and strategies, and manage product development from planning to commercial launch.
Products may range from fully-managed custom-designed devices that provide tight integration with Soracom’s platform services, to simple resale of existing partner devices that undergo additional validation to ensure interoperability with our SIM and cellular connectivity and provide a smooth out-of-box solution.
You will be responsible for managing the portfolio of devices, including creating an appropriate hardware roadmap that will strengthen Soracom’s IoT ecosystem and provide customers with relevant hardware options across various device segments that will ensure their business success. To be successful in this role, you should be a perceptive leader with a keen eye for details, a creative and reliable problem-solver, and have excellent teamwork and communication skills.
Candidates for this position must have a proven track record as a project or product manager, including direct experience with product development of connectivity devices. Candidates should also be familiar with technical aspects of cellular/LPWAN technology, microprocessors and sensors, and also be familiar with ecosystems of makers, developers, vendors, and other members in the IoT industry.
We are a technology start-up. With the power of cutting-edge technology, we want to continue to run at top speed and create a big impact on the world while growing rapidly ourselves. To accelerate our global IoT platform business expansion further, we are looking for candidates who continuously strive for a high level of quality. As a device product manager, you should be comfortable collaborating with external device manufacturers, module vendors and makers/developers communities, also with internal sales, marketing, business development, back office and engineering teams. In all aspects, you are expected to “deliver results” mindset for releasing products, “connected-trust” mindset for the collaboration with external/internal partners and “customer centric” mindset to address the right products that end-customer really needs.
- Collet needs from markets, collect and analyze feedback from customers on existing products and services in order to gain a deep understanding of customer experience
- Identify gaps in product lineup and features, and develop new end product ideas to improve customer experience and drive growth
- Develop product strategies consistent with company vision
- Communicate product vision both internally and with key external partners to create buy-in
- Work with senior management to create and review product roadmap, prioritization, pricing, portfolio, sales channel and positioning strategies based on business and customer impact
- Identify, establish business relationship and work with new suppliers and partners to deliver on Soracom IoT devices products vision
- Work with the Partnerships team to leverage existing and develop new relationships with relevant device partners
- Work with those external partners to procure and evaluate samples, establish consignment or other sales strategies, and identify regional certification or legal requirements
- Work with other teams to shape operational requirements, develop and review product messaging, and evaluate and prioritize launch activities
- Translate product strategies into detailed Product Requirement Documents (PRD)
- Ensure products are launched correctly and on-schedule
- Work closely with other teams to coordinate engineering, logistics, and validation tasks to optimize resources and deliver quick time-to-market
- Work with public relations team, executives, and other product management members to drive product launches and oversee promotional activities
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to ensure successful products lifecycles
- [Post market]
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
Required skills and experience
- 2+ years experience working remotely across time zones and in a multicultural environment with working experience of Slack based company communication
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of product lifecycle (planning, designing, development, validation, procurement, supply chain, QC/QA, etc.)
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Hands-on experience with device development and validation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Demonstrated understanding of public cloud services (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Demonstrated understanding of microcontroller devices (Arduino, ESP32)
- Demonstrated understanding of Linux devices and routers
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
Preferred skills and experience
- Hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Experience contributing in IoT communities
- Experience coding on Arduino, ESP32, M5stack, or similar microcontroller devices
- Existing relationships or contacts with cellular module and device vendors
- Location: Full Remote within UK and Europe
- Flexible working hours
- Brand new, up-to-date equipment to work with
- An environment where you’ll learn more in 6 months than you would typically in several years.