About the HR Generalist (Contract) position
We are looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources (HR) Generalist to implement a variety of human resource programs for our growing client base.
This contract position is to complete one project: to support a fun, dynamic client based in CA, to cover a leave of absence. Working hours are flexible, the position is fully remote, and the engagement begins almost immediately.
Successful completion of the project is likely to lead to a longer term opportunity with our company.
Our company is small and growing business services consultancy, offering small to medium enterprises the expertise they need to successfully grow their businesses. We offer services in HR, Business Operations, IT, Corporate Strategy, and more! This dynamic environment provides an excellent opportunity to accelerate your career through constant exposure to new and exciting challenges. No two client engagements are ever the same - so if you like variety in your work, you'll love working with us.
- Provide HR generalist support to our client's team members
- Help evaluate the current team's 1099 contractors and manage a transition to employee status
- Provide recommendations for this young startup to introduce a greater degree of robustness to its HR function
- Significant experience of working in startups
- Significant previous experience in designing and implementing Employee Handbooks
- Excellent knowledge of employment law at the federal and state levels
- Superb attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Great collaborator
- BA/BSc in Human Resource Management or a related field
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
What's in it for you?
Working with NorthstarPMO provides a number of fantastic benefits - including flexible hours, remote work, great pay, and a wide variety of interesting engagements. No two projects are ever the same, and you will build your resume and skillset faster than working for a single company. Our engagements are often strategic in nature, giving you the opportunity to work on meaningful organizational change.