The Underwriter is responsible for providing a loan decision based on an individual s credit history, financial position and strength of Collateral. An extensive understanding of Agency and FAMC guidelines is required. The ability to manage work flow and provide exemplary customer service is essential.
- Complete thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with Company, investor and agency guidelines.
- Maintain a minimum productivity level of 4 new loans per day.
- Review conditions within posted turn times.
- Communicate loan decisions to appropriate parties both orally and/or in Writing.
- Respond to post closing, insuring and audit reviews.
- Minimum of 4+ years Conventional Underwriting or equivalent experience. Goverment Designations are preferred.
- Knowledge of Agency Guidelines, documents, and terminology, including automated systems. TRID experience preferred.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Work effectively in a fast pace environment with low tolerance for error.
- Work outside of the standard business day may be required.
- Must demonstrate commitment, dependability and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed upon schedule.
- Must be able to adapt to shifting priorities and tasks requiring average mental dexterity.
- Able to problem solve by assessing and identifying causes, gathering relevant Information and generate possible solutions.
- Ability to cope with stress of a high production position and meet stringent deadlines for completing tasks.
Hours and Work Schedule:
- Hours per week: 40+
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Position not available in Colorado