We’re looking for an expert in financial crime who brings significant experience in banking and payments and proven experience operating at a senior level and leading a team.
In this role you will support the COO to lead and scale our fast-growing first line Fincrime Team, designing and building our operating model to deliver robust and effective Financial Crime controls that help deliver business growth.
- Overall responsibility for how our first line Fincrime Team approaches controls and procedures for financial crime risk
- Work collaboratively with our Head of Compliance & MLRO to understand and apply our financial crime risk assessment, ensuring we meet our policy standards and regulatory obligations while at the same time ensuring the delivery of the best possible customer experience and facilitating growth
- Ensure we have robust and effective transaction monitoring and onboarding processes in place that deliver an overall good customer experience, constantly improving and iterating them
- Lead, manage, develop and hire a team of financial crime experts in the first line of defence
- Definition & implementation of an operating model to scale Financial Crime internationally and domestically
- Reporting to the Executive Risk Committee, Financial Crime Risk Committee or Board where required
- Owning third party relationships with key external stakeholders including our external financial crime tools and CIFAS
You should apply if you have the following.
- A passion for financial crime.
- Significant experience in building, growing and leading a first line financial crime team, mentoring, developing, engaging and motivating the team
- Detailed operational expertise in building out robust financial crime controls with specific focus on onboarding and transaction monitoring
- Expert knowledge on all aspects of financial crime regulation and guidance including AML, fraud, sanctions breaches, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption and tax evasion
- Good domain industry knowledge of technical systems and tooling and their benefits and challenges
- Ability to think operationally to continually iterate and improve controls and procedures as the business scales and develops new product
- Experience working collaboratively with Tech teams and Engineers to recommend, implement and deliver automated financial crime solutions
- Ability to make risk-focussed, data-driven recommendations and decisions, to be strategic and draw on the data and your experience to support your argumentation
- Effortless comfortable with ambiguity and change, working in a fast-paced start-up environment and, enjoy acting autonomously, handling volume, setting appropriate priorities and delivering results efficiently
- Able to respectfully provide - and willingly and gracefully accept - effective challenge to enable Ziglu to get to good business outcomes that delicately balance risk control with business growth
- First class written and verbal communication skills combined with a collaborative mindset, enabling you to actively listen and communicate with impact and influence
- Motivated to be part of a team building and growing a business providing technology that is disrupting financial services
Remote First Working
Comprehensive Health Insurance
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:UK Only.