Head of Compliance
This is a full-time, salaried, remote position.
WordPress VIP is the leading provider of enterprise WordPress, trusted by brands like CNN, Facebook, and Capital One. Were looking for an experienced leader to achieve and maintain compliance and privacy standards including GDPR, FedRAMP, ISO27K, SOC. We offer flexible, remote work arrangements allowing our team members to work from almost anywhere.
- Be the compliance expert at WordPress VIP.
- Build, scale, and manage our compliance team to support our needs as an enterprise-focused, distributed company.
- Engage and consult with executive and senior leaders to align security programs with strategic business goals and tactical initiatives.
- Manage, maintain, and implement the controls required to maintain and extend certifications and compliances (ISO 27001, SOC, FedRAMP).
- Ensure execution of required testing and auditing activities by internal and external parties leading to successful certification of the company on an ongoing basis.
- Triage and manage all compliance-related priorities.
- Represent compliance across different company functions.
- Work across product, engineering, systems, and legal teams to identify and manage privacy, data protection risks, and compliance requirements to help meet business needs.
- More than 8 years related experience with 5 years in leadership roles.
- Knowledge of information security management frameworks, such as FedRAMP, ISO 27001, SOC 2.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and empower cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience with Cloud computing and containerization tools (Kubernetes).
- Understanding of International, Federal, State, and Local laws concerning data acquisition, protection, and transmission.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software youll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If youve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: All company travel is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.