You'll be part of our growing Developer Experience team helping us to connect various external services, together with our Cloud Platform team, ensuring a smooth process.
What you'll be responsible for
- Take responsibility for the technical implementation of the self-onboarding experience
- Connect to external and internal services to implement a smooth self-onboarding process for new customers
- Assist software and system engineers in automating the involved processes
- Analyze, together with our product team, how to optimize and extend the self-onboarding process
- Create and maintain documentation and code examples
What's it like working in our Developer Experience team?
Our team is here to make sure that our platform gives the best user experience possible.
We are working hard on enhancing the stack and tooling so that our customers can enjoyably create the best commerce sites on the planet. This is how our value Make an impact really drives us every day.
Were also a genuine team. When we come across some challenges we make sure that we can always rely on each others strengths and close collaboration (Were in this together) both within the team and beyond the team. We regularly practice pair programming or simply co-working because working in a remote team doesnt mean not working together or working alone.
Were passionate learners. Technology is always evolving and we are constantly on the lookout for new ideas that could improve the experience for our customers. Our value Thirst for learning has special meaning for our team. In order to achieve our goals together, we have a curiosity that motivates the study, willingness to share our knowledge, and acceptance that sometimes we fail in order to learn some more.
What you'll accomplish in your first 90-days
- Release the first version of our self-onboarding experience together with the other members of the team
- Get an overview of the involved systems
- Bond with your team members and the product team you closely collaborate with
- Discuss future features with the Product team to build a shared understanding and communicate technical trade-offs of potential implementations
You'll likely have this experience
- Knowledge of PHP knowledge of Symfony or a similar framework is a plus
- Knowledge in React, HTML, and (S)CSS
- Knowledge with infrastructure automation tooling, knowing ansible and terraform in particular would be a plus
- Good analytical and communication skills, since you will have to coordinate with other teams
- Experience with Go and Bash would be a plus, but not required
- Experience with document-based databases, especially CouchDB, is a plus
Our technical stack
- React (plain and TypeScript) and Next.js in the frontend
- MaterialUI, SCSS and Tailwind
- PHP with Symfony and Node.js in the backend
- MySQL and CouchDB as databases
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need you'll be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
- A 5-day yearly retreat where we meet with the whole team and spend time together at a beautiful place for additional social bonding
Our hiring process
We've designed our hiring process with the candidate experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except weekends).
- Submit your application to our team for review
- Discovery call (25min) with Kore, our Chief Technology Officer, to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills
- Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
- First interview (60min) with Jim, one of our Senior Fullstack developers to discuss technical aspects of our connections
- Second Interview (60min) with Sissi, our Engineering Manager to discuss our engineering practices and our developer experience team
- You'll be invited to a stakeholder lunch (30min)where you'll get the opportunity to meet informally with some of your co-workers inour product and engineering teams
We'd love to hear from you
If you've any questions about the role, email our Talent team at[emailprotected]. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Visit ourcareers" target="_blank">https://www.frontastic.cloud/careers%22">careers page on our website to find out more about our organization and culture.
If this role isn't for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we'd really appreciate it if you'd share this role with them!
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.