At EVRYTHNG we are blazing a trail in the digitisation of physical products, applying the latest technologies in blockchain, machine learning, and big data analytics. Our team members are proud to work with some of the world’s biggest brands. EVRYTHNG is an agile, fast-paced startup environment, with offices in London, New York, Beijing, Minsk and Lausanne.
About the Role
We are looking for an eager and motivated part-qualified accountant to work alongside our Financial Controller to help build a world-class finance function and support scaling growth. Reporting into the Financial Controller, and starting with responsibility for day-to-day transactional finance and aspects of the month-end, the Financial Accountant’s role is expected to develop rapidly to take on more of the core accounting responsibilities relating to the month-end process, systems, and controls. As a key member of a small team, this role will be exposed to most aspects of finance in a high-growth tech startup.
What You’ll Do
- Supporting the production of the monthly consolidated management accounts including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecast
- Involved in delivering the month-end close process by entering manual journals and preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Support revenue operations through processing sales orders, invoicing, and collections
- Involved in year-end activities, including audit, statutory accounts and tax compliance processes
- Documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Supporting legal and statutory compliance, including local sales taxes, VAT & PAYE filings and payments
- Identifying opportunities to improve financial systems and processes
- Undertaking various other ad hoc projects as required
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 1-3 years of work experience in a GL accounting role or Top 20 audit practice
- Comfortable working in a startup environment with shifting priorities and uncertainty
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate workload to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; experience with Google Suite desirable
- Experience with Xero, Salesforce, BambooHR, or SaaS Optics is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a requirement, along with a high level of attention to detail
Please provide a cover letter with your application detailing why you think you will be a great fit for EVRYTHNG. Applications received without a supporting cover letter will be automatically declined.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working
- Pension & healthcare
- East London office with typical startup perks
- Report directly to the Group FInancial Controller, who is committed to your personal growth & development
No Agencies will be considered.
To apply for this role you must be able to confirm that you have the right to work in the United Kingdom and be resident in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:UK Only.