Saybrook University is seeking a part-time faculty member to join the Department of Mind-Body Medicine in the College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences (CIMHS). This is a half-time, remote employment position at 0.5 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE); benefits package included. The individual hired for the position will report directly to the Mind-Body Medicine Department Chair.
The focus of MS and PhD Mind-Body Medicine is to train professionals to apply evidence-based mind-body approaches and integrative techniques to the fields of health and wellness in the work they do as educators, practitioners, and researchers.
- Participating in required faculty meetings (e.g., training and orientation, pre-semester meetings, technology updates, IRB).
- Developing new courses and/or revising syllabi that align with the program learning outcomes and academic standards.
- Learning how to utilize technology in the online classroom and implementing creative ways to support student learning.
- Delivering high quality on-line courses to foster critical thinking, engagement, and academic performance.
- Attending residential conference activities and courses (if assigned).
- Speaking with prospective students per requests from the admissions department.
- Supporting new and continuing students as they acclimate to the program, identify research topics, and pursue professional opportunities.
- Participating as a member on dissertation research committees.
- Willingness to represent the college as a faculty senator (if nominated).
- Participating in program and course level review academic review processes.
- Maintaining effective professional and community involvement and/or affiliations as an ambassador for the university.
- Doctorate from a regionally-accredited institution of higher learning (preferably in health sciences, psychology, or related field).
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, practice, and practice.
- Minimum, two years of experience teaching in an online education program.
- Subject-matter expert on topics relevant for integrative healthcare practitioners (e.g., mind-body practices, complementary and integrative medicine, psychophysiology, and healthcare ethics).
- Evidence of professional engagement with complementary and integrative healthcare paradigms, practice, research, and/or teaching.
- Experience facilitating psychosocial group sessions.
- History of speaking engagements, poster and/or paper presentations at professional conferences.
- Supervising student research projects.