Edquity seeks an Engineering Manager to help build products that fight poverty. The Engineering Manager will be a major contributor to product and technology strategy for the company. This position will be responsible for leading our engineering team in the delivery of products that drive outcomes for students. In addition, this position will foster the development and growth of individual engineers and the engineering team as a whole.
- Set direction for engineering team strategy, share context by elaborating the “why”, and empower everyone to achieve their best work.
- Drive execution of projects while setting clear expectations.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers, and senior leadership to turn vision into roadmap
- Guide your team to build and deliver high quality products at scale
- Mentor other engineers, build an open and inclusive team, cultivate agile methodologies, and foster a culture of sustainable tech health
- Support team members’ career development through understanding their goals and enabling them to take on growth opportunities
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a software engineering role
- At least 2 years in a technical leadership and people management role preferred
- Record of setting useful success metrics and measuring against them
- A passion to solve the financial barriers college students face
- Consistent record of managing software projects with interrelated dependencies
- A high level of empathy
- A high level of attention to detail
- Fully Paid Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave Benefits
- 401k matching
- Professional Development Stipend
- Potential for Equity
- Many others!
Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location: US Locations Only