Saving time to all entrepreneurs and accountants, helping them to make the right decisions and enabling 3rd parties to offer added-value personalized financial services.
Weve launched in France and will expand to other markets in Continental Europe in 2022. Our commercial website is thus in French only but the code is obviously documented in English and our tech team speaks English.
Were product-led, growing fast, backed by strong investors and are starting to hire software engineers anywhere in Europe, to join our experienced remote-first engineering team.
Team and context
The tech team is divided into 4 squads, each squad being lead by a PM and Product Designer and composed of 7 fullstack developers. We are looking for a senior manager to help us drive and mentor some of these squads.
Pennylane is based in Paris but our tech team is remote-first. Your can work from anywhere within Europe. The team meets in Paris a few days every one or two months.
- Collaborate with the product manager to make sure our standards in terms of quality and efficiency are respected but also that there is a good mood and the everybody is fulfilled in his job
- Identify our developers' key strengths and areas of improvement to help them grow
- Collaborate with the other engineering managers to set up the appropriate process as the team grows
- Be an individual contributor for the team (at least 30% of your time!)
What's exciting about our project ?
- The vision : We want to change the life of thousands of entrepreneurs throughout Europe with our solution
- The ambition : We are scaling at a very rapid pace and we want to become one of the fintech leaders within 2-3 years
- The learning curve : We have great tech mentors and experienced engineers whom you can share with and learn from everyday
- The product : One year after its launch, our solution has received outstanding feedback from our users, and we still have so much to build and offer !
- The environment : We do our best to develop a culture based on trust, autonomy, and benevolence so you can feel like you're in the right place
Youre the right candidate if
- You have at least 8 years of experience in software development, with at least 3 years of experience with Ruby on Rails. You have at least 3 years of experience in management.
- Youre a teamplayer and have experience working in an agile environment. You have empathy for your users and want to change their lives and you are pragmatic.
What we offer
- A competitive package + Company shares
- Great health benefits
- Apple Hardware
- Budget to work from a coworking space or buy equipment to work from home
- Monthly remote events, and one offsite with the whole company once a year
- Interview with Quentin (cofounder and CTO)
- Technical assessment and debriefing with Thierry (cofounder)
- Last round with Tancrde (CPO) and/or Arthur (CEO)